Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 10:06 PM   #1  

Default need a direction

I really need some feedback on what food plans work for people. I am 43, weigh 167 lbs., and am 5'1. I am married and have a 2 year-old son. I have (what it seems) to have been on every diet. I have spent thousands of dollars on diet books, which include: SBD, Atkins, Dr. Phil, Larry North, etc. I look in the mirror in the morning and get depressed and disgusted. I can't fit in most of my clothes, so I live in shorts, sweats and big shirts. I don't like to go anywhere if I don't have to, because I'm thinking everyone is looking at me. I should point out that my husband has never said anything bad about my weight or complained about it. My downfall on eating is pasta, pizza, cheese, and steak (no other meat). I get so confused on all the eating plans: carbs, carlories, low-fat, etc.- I don't know which one is right for me. I don't exercise that much, I walk my son as much as I can in his stroller, which has been 2 times a day about 1/2 mile. Can someome please help me on some direction on what to do???/
Old 09-04-2004, 10:34 PM   #2  

Cool been there

Hi,

it is confusing isn't it. My experience has been that it is hard (at least for me)to go from no diet/ bad eating to strict dieting and immediate weight loss. After yo yo ing for a bit, and then getting depressed, I ended up with IBS, which is like a tummy ache which doctors say they can't help wth.What worked for me was then to tell myself I will eat better to
a.treat the tummy ache
b.feel more energised
c.feel more in control by following a goal

So I focused not on dieting but eating better: so I eliminated all processed foods from my diet, eating only whole grainbreads and parboiled rice. lots of veggies and fruits and fish eggs and chicken. I also one "bad food" whatever I feel like, a day.

I also now ask myself before eating something, is my body going to like this or not.

Plus PLANNING is crucial. I plan good foods that I enjoy. in 3 months I feel really better, the weird tummy aches are gone, i feel more energy and I walk for 30 minutes everyday.

I am now feeeling ready to get on a diet. May be we could chat about that later. But I would recommend that if you have had the kind of problems you described, you too go on a all you can eat planned, whole foods regimen and then go on a diet. YOu will be surprised how good you feel.

let me know what you think.
Closed Thread