Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 12:41 PM   #1  
small buy mighty

Default Howdy from a newbie!

Hi, everybody! I am new to the site and don't really know how all of this works yet, but I thought I would introduce myself.
I am 5'2" and weigh (I think) about 142lbs. I turned 40 last December, and I swear, in the last 6 months, I have gained at least 10 or 15 lbs! I am tired all the time, EVERYTHING I eat seems to upset my stomach, and nothing fits right anymore. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, but I just can't stand feeling like this anymore. I just feel rotten.
And, my 13 year old daughter is already showing signs of following in my footsteps, weight-wise! I just need someone to talk to, to bounce things off of, and a place to feel comfortable while I try to figure out where to go next.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:28 PM   #2  

Hi there,

Welcome! I am new to the cite as well, i feel your pain with the recent wieght gain. I turned 25 in Feb and have gained like 7-10 lbs since. I think perhaps my metabolism may have slowed down or something, maybe yours did too!

Try not to beat yourself up or feel bad, you have taken the a first step in the right direction and that is a great start! Cindy
Old 09-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #3  

Hey Bunnybuns you have come to the right place. This site is wonderful, you can be as active or as anonimous as you wish. It won't take you long to work out that you are not alone.

I just turned 43 in August. I have two teenage daughters - 16 & 17 1/2 . My eldest does remind me of myself when I was younger in the sense that she carries more weight than she should. From the time I turned 13 I can remember not being able to wear alot of the fashionable things that my friends did. I was restricted to elasticated nylon slacks - not kool.

Through the years I manage to put more and more weight on until one morning I stepped on the scales and scared myself into deciding that now was the time to do something. I've been on and off diets before but this time IT IS DIFFERENT ! ! Maybe I am older and wiser but for some reason I know that this is it - it will work for me. I started my "project" in March. Progress is slow but at least it is progress. I have such a long way to go to even get to where you are at.

I am concerned about my daughter following in my footsteps but how do you tell someone you love that she is heading to where I have been. I didn't listen to anyone who dropped the odd hint here and there when I was her age. My one hope is that her and the rest of my family will eventually pick up on my success and begin to think about their habits.

I'm here if you ever need an extra ear. Don't sit around and feel miserable by yourself. We all share the same problem here - just jump right in and let your fingers do the talking .... in a keyboard sense of course
Closed Thread