Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 07:13 AM   #1  

Default New Lifestyle

Hi all, I've been using this website as a lifesaver in a sea of fat temptation and bad habits. I want to change my lifestyle. I want to live a healthier lifestyle and achieve weight loss. Is anyone interested in talking about lifestyle changes/challenges?
Old 08-31-2004, 08:18 AM   #2  
RAR

HI! and welcome I would be interested in talking about changing my life style what ideas do you have? I always have good pland but never follow thru and come up with some good excuses why I didnt got on the scale and saw the weight is comming back was on a choclate binge last week so this week trying to do things better so maybe we can help each other Rita
Old 08-31-2004, 11:26 AM   #3  

Hello Tiredoffat... I too am in the process of changing my lifestyle. I find that I am hungry all the time while in this adjustment period. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner... Still I find that I am starving in between my meals.

Since I am so hungry I am easily swayed into eating things that are horrible... Yesterday for dinner I had everything planned out but was sooo hungry I ended up eating two chalupas piled high with meat, beans and cheese!!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:45 PM   #4  

Hi Shelle and Rar - One lifestyle change I'm trying to make is to only have healthy food in the house. I cleaned out all my cabinets and then I went shopping and bought lots of healthy choices including -
lots of seltzer (I like it with lemons and lime - tastes good and filling)
tofutti fudgicals - 30 cals each, great for chocolate cravings
lots of fruit and veggies
low cal bread, tortillas,
stewed or diced tomatoes - very low in cals.
Italian ices instead of ice cream for the kids' treats.
healthy pb/stoned wheat crackers
plain yogurt and frozen fruits for smoothies, bananas - very filling and tasty, lots of variety possible
cucumbers for snacking - a good idea from another thread!

Do you have any healthy food ideas? What foods are you going to throw out or not buy anymore?

I'm excited about discussing lifestyle changes with you because a diet is only temporary for health and slimness we need to make lifestyle changes. Our families will benefit too.

Take care.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:15 PM   #5  

I think one good step is to phase out the white bread, white rice, white pasta, white flour tortillas, etc., and phase in wholegrain bread, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta and tortillas. You get a lot more fiber from these wholegrain products and they're better for you (not to mention they don't spike your blood sugar as much as their white counterparts).
Old 09-01-2004, 07:35 PM   #6  

Good idea! I noticed the cals on the white rice tonight and skipped it. A much healthier choice.

Another idea is staying away from temptation. I didn't go in the teacher's room today at all which was full of goodies instead I ate from the fruit bowl in my classroom.

Have a good day!
Closed Thread