Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #1  

Cool I am new here!

Hi, I found this website and thought it would be nice to have someone to chat with!

Little background: I lost 60 lbs over 12 years ago......kept it off until early 1998.....I have gained my weight back since after starting to work as a stressed out nurse! I have gained 50 lbs ub the past 6 years.

I have restarted my exercising and watching what I eat.
I have been at this for almost 2 months. I have lost 16 lbs so far. I have 34 more to go!

I am looking into starting weight watchers, anyone here on it?
Any pointers? Looking forward to meeting you all!
Old 08-03-2004, 11:21 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome nascar_truck_fan!

I am on weight watchers too. There is a WW forum on the site if you scroll down on the main forum page. You can get lots of tips, pointers, ideas and recipes there as well as the support of other WWers.

It sounds like you have made a good start
Old 08-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

It sounds like you are doing awesome so far! I say that if you are doing so well don't change it! If it's not broke, don't fix it right?

But I am on ww and it is a great program in my opinion. It gives you alot of flexability!

It's nice to have you here!
Old 08-04-2004, 12:30 PM   #4  
Princess In Training

Hey! Another NASCAR fan!!!

How did you become a David Reutimann fan? Not a lot of people know a lot about him, but he seems like he has a lot of talent. My favorite truck driver is Carl Edwards, although I greatly dislike his truck owner.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:47 AM   #5  

Default Hi! IWantMyFairyTale2.....

"How did you become a David Reutimann fan? Not a lot of people know a lot about him, but he seems like he has a lot of talent."

I have known him since I was a kid, I grew up watching his father Buzzie Reutimann and his uncle Wayne Reutimann race here in Florida....in the 1970's and 1980's.

I had the BIGGEST crush on David when I was 12-15! (He is my age)
I watched him race when he started at 14. He is awesome! And a super sweet guy!

Carl Edwards does some awesome back flips! I met alot of the truck racers at Daytona, we went to the truck race back on Feb.

In nextel cup I LOVE Jimmie Johnson, I am also a fan of Joe Nemechek, he is from my area as well! Watched him race to! (Local tracks)

Anyway back to the diet, I am down a little more. I think what it was is that my weight stayed the same for 2 weeks due to PMS....then I got my period and I am losing all that water weight! Since yesterdays posting I am down another 1.5 pounds! 17.5 lbs off, 32.5 lbs to go!
Old 08-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #6  
Princess In Training

I'll have to keep a closer eye on David and check out his talent.

Congratulations on your loss!

Hopefully in a few days I'll have lost a few pounds myself... The first week or two is always hard for me while my body adjusts to the fewer calories. I was STARVING all day yesterday. I did good until about 10:30 and I couldn't sleep because my stomach was growling at me so bad. I ended up eating a candy bar and that put me over my calorie limit by about 100. But I refuse to let myself get upset about that. 100 over my limit (1400 this week) will not ruin my diet and I was legitimately hungry.

I think I'm going to vary my caloric intake every week to keep my body working. I'm going to start at 1400, then next week I will go down to 1300 then up to 1500 for a week, and start working my way down again. Does anyone think this is too drastic?

The last time I dieted I stuck to 1300 calories faithfully for about 6 weeks and I lost 13 pounds then I got sidetracked and couldn't bring my eating under control. I'm hoping by variying my intake that the weeks I allow myself 1500 calories I feel like I can eat a little more and not feel so deprived.

Has anyone done anything like this?
Old 08-05-2004, 02:58 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantMyFairyTale2
I think I'm going to vary my caloric intake every week to keep my body working. I'm going to start at 1400, then next week I will go down to 1300 then up to 1500 for a week, and start working my way down again. Does anyone think this is too drastic?
Why do you need to vary your caloric intake to keep your body working? Could you explain what you mean and what you're basing your decision on?

Quote:
The last time I dieted I stuck to 1300 calories faithfully for about 6 weeks and I lost 13 pounds then I got sidetracked and couldn't bring my eating under control.
Sounds like you were depriving yourself too much. Sure, depriving yourself will lead to weight loss. Temporarily. But you can't live the rest of your life like that. Why not just choose a reasonable caloric intake for your age, weight and height and go for a slower loss that will allow you to keep off the weight the rest of your life?

I apologize in advance if that sounds harsh. Trust me, I'm almost 52 years old and I have dieted a LOT...and now I've come to the point in my life where I finally understand that diets are only temporary. It's not possible to go on a diet, lose weight, and then go back to the way we were eating before and expect not to gain the weight back (plus more). I really believe now that the only answer is to find a healthy way of eating that I can stick with for life, so that there is no diet to go 'off' and 'on' and I can spare my body the trauma of the constant losing and gaining.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:52 PM   #8  
Princess In Training

I have experienced (and read) about the plateaus and how your metabolism adjusts to the fewer calories and then slows down. Then when you do over eat you gain more weight because your body can't handle the extra calories.

I've been told that I should be eating about 1300 calories for my height (5'3")and body frame and as a lifelong choice that just seems very small. Of course, once I get my body weight down to a healthy weight I shouldn't need as many calories as I have been consuming.

That is why I was thinking of varying my caloric intake so I get a little of both worlds.
Closed Thread