Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 12:15 AM   #1  
On The Road to Finding Me

Smile Newbie Introduction - Weight loss to get pregnant

Hello, everyone!

I'm glad I found this website because I need all the help and support I can get! I don't mind giving some back, either!

I'm 32, married ... and I need to lose about 150 lbs or so.. In the short term, I would settle for 50 to 60 lb. loss, so I can start trying to get pregnant.. My H and I thinking about starting a family soon and I just don't think I'm healthy enough right now to consider it.

So, is anyone out there trying to lose weight but get pregnant at the same time?

Last edited by FindingJackie; 07-31-2004 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Updated title
Old 07-31-2004, 07:21 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, FindingJackie, Welcome! I've never tried to get pregnant or wanted to, but I bet there are lots of people on 3FC who have been in your position.

You didn't say whether you've talked to a doctor or nutritionist about your weight, or whether you've had any thyroid tests, diabetes tests, etc. Sometimes weight gain can be related to physical conditions. That might be a place to start.

If everything checks out, then it's time to look at the many, many weight loss programs available. It takes awhile to lose 50 or 60 pounds (as in, months), so you'll want to plan accordingly.

You'll also need to talk about your plans with your husband. If you are the primary food preparer in the house, you'll need to alter things so you can follow your program regardless of what he does. From what I've seen on this site, husbands sometimes follow the program too, or sometimes they don't want or need to. Whichever is the case, you need to do your own thing with this to reach success.

Good luck to you!

SW: 196 5/24/04
CW: 179 7/28/04
GW: 145
Old 07-31-2004, 02:11 PM   #3  

Hi Jackie I think there are people around in same circumstances I'm sure you will find them.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:14 PM   #4  

Just a thought

Maybe if you edit the thread title to include 'losing weight for pregnancy' or similar, people in the same boat will find you faster.

Oh I just found a thread here.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:38 PM   #5  
On The Road to Finding Me

JayEll-
I have been to the doctor.. I have some issues, so I wanted to clear the exercise and diet thing with him. He told me WW was ok, South Beach was ok but no Adkins and exercise is a go. Didn't want me to even consider the weight loss surgery, even though we have had many discussions about my weight over the years and it has done nothing but creep up. I've had various tests and they all check out. No medical problem for me to blame. Sometimes I think that would have been easier.

My H is supportive enough. He won't do the diet thing with me but he won't stand in my way. Doesn't complain when I buy things he won't eat and does not expect for me to cook for him. If the dinner I make for myself does suit him, he will just make himself something or I warm up some soup. I figure a 50 to 60 lb weight lost is a 6 to 8 month project so maybe ready to start at early part of 2005 to get pregnant.. I think, no matter where I am on the scale then, I have to start trying soon, my clock is ticking loudly.

Veggie -
I'll have to figure out how to edit the title of the thread. but it's a good idea.. and thanks for the link.

Jackie
Closed Thread