Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:48 AM   #16  
Still Climbing

I hope you're weigh in goes well!
Thanks for dropping in. Take care
Old 07-16-2004, 10:10 AM   #17  
Reluctant Adult

Hi, Jiggles,

Here's my first post here -- and it's to welcome you to this forum! Had to drop you a line as I am married to a Kiwi/Aussie man.. I love both Australia and NZ. In fact, I love NZ so much we're moving there very shortly!

You and I share similar goals for weight loss, though how you manage aerobics I have no idea. I've been walking for 30 minutes a day, goal to build up to an hour a day, and it's all I can manage at the moment. I plan to slowly add weight training as well. I've been reviewing all the posts here and everyone is so inspirational, kind and wise. Someone here (apologies for failing to attribute the comment -- my head is spinning from absorbing everyone's posts!) said that exercise is a non-negotiable aspect of weight loss/weight maintenance, and that struck a deep chord. So now, everytime I start rationalizing how I really don't need to get my formidable tushie outside for a walk, I remember: Exercise is non-negotiable! And off I go.

Good for you for watching portion size!! It shows that your eating habits are basically healthful, and that's so important to your goal. I've decided to follow Weight Watchers on my own for awhile (like a decade) to get back into the habit of more fruits and veggies and less beer and chocolate. WW has worked well for me in the past, and while the meetings provide accountability and a very accurate scale, I'm resolved to move forward under my own steam for the time being.

Anyway.. not wishing to highjack your thread!! I just wanted to extend a warm welcome and let you know I'll be cheering you on!!

All the best, Rae
Old 07-17-2004, 12:28 AM   #18  
Still Climbing

Aww Rae, Thankyou so much for that welcome sweetie!
Lol I'm glad you're moving to NZ if you love it so much, just be ready for the cold if you move shortly!!! It's a very cold winter this year! But I've always wanted to see NZ but would you believe I've never been!!!! I know! I have to change that in the future..

I don't know how I fit aerobics into it either some days...Lol But I do. I have pilates and yoga dvd's and tried them once and nearly died!!! I don't think I'm quite flexible enough to tackle them yet...So I'm waiting until Toning becomes a big part of my weightloss...But I will still tackle them when the time comes! I'm the same as you. Some days it's just an effort to get my backside up and moving (especially away from this pc!) but I do it now because I know that nothing is going to come of this if I don't...I know that it's more than just eating a few more vegies and more fruit....But thankyou for the reminder! I can't hear it enough.

I haven't tried WW, I have friends who have mixed opinions on it. Although I've really seen some great success stories in people I know so best of luck with it! Let me know how you progress.

Take care...And good luck with your goals aswell.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:47 AM   #19  
Losing it

Hi Jiggles,

I think I must live reasonably close to you, I'm from Canberra. I've only started wandering around these forums today and you're the only aussie I've come across.

I feel the same excitement you do. I've been losing for 2 months now and have had a few hiccups along the way, but I've felt really focused the last few weeks, and I even survived two birthdays in the office!

I just thought I'd say hi and kick-off my first post as well.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:42 AM   #20  
i luv my dog!

HI everyone. Welcome to the board. I have seen several other Aussie/Kiwi locations listed in people's avatars, but I can't remember the names right now. Sorry. (Maybe the moderators could add a forum named "Fat Chicks Down Under.") Best wishes for a successful weight loss journey.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:33 PM   #21  
Still Climbing

Girl - Ahh another Aussie! Welcome to the board...Feel free to pm me or use my messengers if you ever want to Chat. You aren't that far away from me at all. (few hours drive). But it's good to know that there ARE other Aussies here.
Birthdays are the WORST days to get through aren't they?! Lol I've been through one and I did quite well. (although I did have some cake!!). But even through that I've continued losing. So I can't complain.

Broad - Lol maybe we could do that, if we can round up enough Aussies. Well atleast you've told us they do exist! so thats a good thing. Just have to keep an eye out for them.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:05 PM   #22  

Hello Jiggles. Well hubby and I weighed in yesterday and we loss what we gained celebrating his birthday so hopefully we will have another good weigh in next week. Have to go to bed we need to get up early for morning Mass. Have a blessed evening.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:01 AM   #23  
Still Climbing

awww pray thats great news! Congratulations on getting it off again!
Have a good day tomorrow...
Old 07-19-2004, 09:36 AM   #24  
Reluctant Adult

Hi, jiggles,

Just checking in to ask how things are going for you! All is well here, I'm just getting my rear in gear for my daily walk.

Today I put our house up for sale. Scary, stressful. Houses here sell so quickly it makes your head spin. Bottom line, I hope we're ready for our move.

Are you facing any particular stressors as you approach your weight loss? The impending move is a big one for me.

Hope we can continue to provide mutual support and encouragement!

All the best, Rae
Old 07-19-2004, 09:00 PM   #25  

Hello Jiggles. How are you doing? Hubby and I are hoping to go bike riding Wednesday morning as soon as it turns daylight, it's so hot here that you have to do things like that early because it's too hot later in the day. Anyway just wanted to say hi and have a blessed evening. God Bless.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:31 AM   #26  

Hi there Jiggles! I am in Western Australia. Have just stumbled accross this site...hopefully the will be further inspired by all the messages. I have about 40kg to lose. Lost 20 once before but then had 2 more beautiful children, and found all the kilos again! Have just read a book called "stop dieting and lose weight"....very inspiring..will let you know how it goes. good luck everyone.xx
Old 07-21-2004, 04:57 AM   #27  
Still Climbing

Rae - Awww It must have been a huge step to put the house up like that. Congratulations! College is a bit of a stress in my weightloss..And I quit smoking 2 days ago so that is a HUGE new obstacle to get over....But I'm doing well so far.

Pray - Bike riding! I haven't done that in years!! I hope it goes well for you...I can't imagine it being hot cause it's so cold here!!! lol

Boffin - Welcome to the board. I hope all goes well in your weightloss! Atleast you have two beautiful children to show for your weight gain!!! lol thats one way to look at it...Pop in and let me know how you're going anytime...Even if you jsut want some words of encouragement...don't be a stranger.

Thanks everyone...Still holding off on the chockies!!! still doing well...
Closed Thread