Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #1  

Smile Need a diet buddy so I dont go insane

I need a diet buddy, someone to help me along the way and vice versa.....I have PCOS and need to loose about 95 pounds.......I also have high tryglicerides so Im on Glucophage<sp?> and eating a low gi diet as recommended by my PCP....

But onto the fun stuff...Im 23, married and a full time web designer. I love photography, reading, cooking, and computers. Im online a lot with my job, so a online buddy would be great. It would be nice to hear a voice once in a while too though. I live in the Pittsburgh area, so if theres anyone from the Burgh out their who goes to a Curves...let me know!!!

Hope to hear from somone soon.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:32 PM   #2  

Hi Sumaira!

Welcome to the boards. I've been on more or less a week now, and have connected with some really nice people. I'm following a low G.I. diet too. So far I've lost 14 lbs in 3 weeks, exercising sporadically as well. I know that's probably not all fat, although I'd LOVE to believe it is! The Sugar Busters board might be a good place for you to post, too, since we're all doing the same type of lifestyle change. No sugar, starchy high G.I. carbs, etc. It's worked well for me before, I just need to keep it as a part of my permanent lifestyle. My bf has been pretty good about sticking to it with me. Not sure if he's losing any weight, but it sure saves on groceries. I'd love to be here for you when you have your good days and crummy days. I know I've had them since I started trying to lose weight. Let me know how you're doing!

sw: 202
cw: 188
gw: 145
Old 07-11-2004, 04:39 AM   #3  

Default Pcos...

Hello!
I was just wondering what the symptoms of PCOS are? I have long been suspcious that I have it or a thyroid condition. Any info you could give me would be much appreciated as there seems to be endless conflicting info about it on the internet..
Thank you!
Old 07-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #4  

Hi goofgirl, thanks for the welcome. I joined Curves last night and was really excited to work out before I realized that I need to go back Friday for the 1st workout. lol So my husband I took a 1/2 hour walk around our house instead....

As far as the low GI diet goes...Im have tons of books on it, but Im having a hard time putting a menu together so I can go grocery shopping. Thats whats on my agenda for tonight.

No weight lose yet...or I havent checked...and dont wanna! lol
Old 07-17-2004, 11:02 AM   #5  

Hi Sumaira,

Did you get to work out yesterday? How was it? We have a curves here and I know people who have gone and really liked it. I have a traditional gym membership and it is a little intimidating right now. I used to be really into weight training, but now that I am heavy again, I'm a bit shy about mingling with the big guys. Our gym has a women only area, so I spend most of my time lifting weights there.

How did the shopping go? If you'd like, I can post my typical shopping list; maybe it would give you some ideas. Sugar Busters also has a cookbook with some good recipes in it and I was just at the bookstore and there are TONS of low g.i. books out now. I was really surprised.

That's nice that you and hubby went walking together. Does he have weight to lose too? Is he supportive? I think I drive my bf a little nuts with all my cooking, preparing, food logging, blah blah, but he has been great so far. I got him a membership at my gym so we can go together, which we've yet to do... ha ha... But, it's a step in the right direction. Let me know how you're doing!

sw: 202 <------ 6/20/04
cw: 187
gw: 145-148, 20-25% bodyfat
Closed Thread