Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:21 AM   #1  

Default very very new

hi everyone. i am very very new. i have never posted anything before and not sure i am doing it right. i am 39, happily married a successful physician. only one problem, i can't lose weight and keep it off. i was doing good until this weekend(lost 35 lbs since jan 1). i gained 10 lbs in 4 days just by eating food everyone else was eating. i know water but it is still frustrating. i need help staying consistent on holidays, vacatios etc. i appreciate any help.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:29 AM   #2  
Breast is BEST

Hi there,
Losing weight can be so hard to do. I am a RN married to a really cute hubby who is very supportive. I am having problems losing my baby weight from last child. Hannah is now 1 yr old and I still have 15 lbs to lose. I can't fit any clothes and it is driving me crazy. Would ya like a weight loss buddy?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:41 AM   #3  

Hi there. I'm new as well. It's always hard staying on your course when the holidays come around and all that comfort food is in such abundance! Especially when you have Aunt Mary saying "What's wrong don't you like my (insert delicious food here)?" and you feel like you are hurting her feelings if you don't try it.

You could try cooking a healthy version of recipes to take along to family get togethers, and pack healthy snacks to take along on vacation. Sure they aren't as good as Aunt Mary's cooking, but they give you other options. And if you have a little taste of this and a little taste of that and consequently put on a few pounds, give yourself a break and realize the holidays are only once a year.

You also need to realize that nothing you do is going to help unless you have your mind made up. You can do Atkins, South Beach, Low fat, high carb, and any other weight loss flavor of the month, but unless and until you make up your mind you are going to stick it out, it's all going to be in vain. If you are truely committed, then avoiding temptation will be easier...you will still be tempted, but you will be able to avoid it.
Good luck, it always helps to have support!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #4  

Default thanks

thanks for the support. i agree that being prepared seems to be the key to success. i would love to buddy up. my husband is supportive but very sick of hearing about weight loss woes.

sw285/cw250/gwanything less tina
Old 07-07-2004, 01:26 PM   #5  

Hi Tina and Ashes...my email is [email protected].
Old 07-08-2004, 09:54 AM   #6  
Breast is BEST

Hey Carol and Tina,
What diet are you all using? I think I do best with low carb. ( I am a carb addict-- Give me french bread and milk and I would not eat anything else) I find I lose study on low carb but I get bored fast. I also need to pre-plan a little better. I work 12 hr shifts and I get so hungry and most of the time don't bring enough to work to snack on. Also, I just weaned Hannah but my appetite has not gone done yet. What are your favorite quick snacks? I got on the scale today. 155.5. Need to get to 132 to fit prepreg clothes. Let's keep each other motivated guys!!

Love,
Renee ( Ashes)
Old 07-08-2004, 10:31 AM   #7  

Hi girls! I am new here too. I am a very busy small business owner and a mother to a almost 3 year old and in the same stuggle to lose weight. I put ALOT on during my pregnancy and have still not gotten it all off. I stay on a diet for awhile and lose the will to exercise and eat right.

My problem is that I treat everything the same- food or diets. If a little is good a lot is better. I start out with 1/2 hr. workouts and eating 1200 calories per day and when I see a difference in my weight, I drop my calories and exercise even more and eventually get burned out. I then proceed to spend 2 or three days eating pizza and gain it all back.
I then start the cycle all over again.

I am trying to do things right this time and looking for some other strong, motivated women who would like to do the same. I had about 50 lbs to lose but I have lost 10 already. I am a strong person and I think I can be a strong motivator (Although I am a bit of a "tell it like it is kinda girl. So if you fall off the wagon, and we are friends, I am going tell you to get right back on). If you can be the same for me, I would love to buddy up.

Renee, I am not much of a snacker. If I have to have a dessert, I like either wine or the weight watchers smart ones desserts. If you girls are looking to pre-plan you should try www.fitday.com . Someone here recommended it to me. I log all my foods and exercise and it has a great diary for when you need to express yourself.

I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:50 AM   #8  

i think i've met my long lost twins. it is that word moderation that gets me every time. i am the best dieter in the world when i am on but oh when i am off. i am getting better though but that is definetly my biggest struggle. renee i am doing a combination of keeping calories low(1500) and trying to keep fiber high and refined carbs low, i exercise 4-5 x/week. for snacks i eat a rye crisp and cheese or apple and peanut butter. i do really good during the week as my husband works out of town but the weekends are harder. i have to learn to conquer those situations when there is bad food around and not feel deprived if i don't eat it. i have lost 35 lbs and feel better and i tend to lose that urgency to lose more so get me fired up girls! bellasmom we can do this. i have accomplished everything else in this life that i have set out to do and i refuse to let this weight thing get me. tina

sw 285/ cw 250/ gw anything less
Old 07-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #9  
Breast is BEST

I hear you Tina. The weekends are hard for me too. Hubby and kids are as thin as rails. It is a challenge to find stuff to cook that they would enjoy and stay on my diet. Hubby has a lot of functions with work that entail eating out and it sometimes gets me really down. I feel I don't look like I should and my clothes choices are VERY limited in the closet right now. We use to entertain so much but at this point I don't feel like doing much of anything. It is a horrible cycle to be in.
OK. Enough depressing crap. Tommorrow is another day!! I got my whole wheat- fiber filled tortillas and my chicken is baking---I am ready to conquer the world.
Good luck to all..........it is ON!!

Renee
Old 07-08-2004, 01:33 PM   #10  

renee, i can relate. in 2 weeks i am going to florida(land of bathing suits) with my husband for a meeting. i almost dread to go because i am worried about what all of his work buddies will think of my appearance. i don't want to embarass him(not that he ever makes me think that-he is great and tells me i am beautiful every day). i have contemplated doing some drastic diet for 14 days to lose 10 lbs quick but then i think they have never seen me before and won't know i went to all that trouble so i will remain sensible. consistency and moderation-maybe i'll have it tatooed on my arm-ha ha. tina
Old 07-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #11  

I am doing well today exercising and eating even though I may put off our family vacation tomorrow because my mother is in the hospital. Do either of you girls have a pedometer? I use mine and try to do over 10K steps per day. I usually hit over and even make it to 15K some days. I also do some weight training every morning and crunches, push-ups and stuff like that. I used to do denise austin but sometimes she is jut a bot too cheery in the morning for me. I have been eating a lot of lean cuisine - its fast and easy and tastes ok. What about you girls? How is your day going?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:57 PM   #12  
thequeen1111

I'm new and here because I'm burned out and need help. I've been dieting since the age of 12 - have probably lost 10,000 lbs and put back 15,000 on. You name it, I've done it. I'm weighing in at 254 lbs. and hurt like crazy when I exercise but am still trying the treadmill @ 30 minutes and Total Gym (two exercises) every other day. I need some help - I'm just so tired of dieting.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:10 PM   #13  

thequeen:
Dont give up!! I know that getting back into exercising is rough and sometimes I just dont want to do it either but you must not give up. Losing weight is so important to our health and self-esteem that we have to continue the journey. Why dont you try doing a workout that you love to do ( swimming, rollerskate, going for a walking). It would be a little more low-impact and you might enjoy it more. Also, you should get rid of all the fatty, bad foods you have in your house and make sure you just buy healthy foods. That way, even if you binge eat - it will be on the heathy foods you have in your house so not as much calories as you might normally have. Also, keep going. If you cheat- dont sweat it. Just keep on the "life-style" change and eating better and exercising. I am here for ya, chicy- Any time you need to talk look or post on here. Believe me- it helps!!
Old 07-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #14  
thequeen1111

Thanks Laurie! I've emptied my cabinets of the "baddies" - hubby has had bypass so he's low-fat. I think my frustration comes from all of the different things I'm being told - go low carb, do WW, do SouthBeach, no grains, no dairy, etc. Who do you believe? I want to be down to the 150 Lbs that I knew and loved, I guess I just need a kick in the seat of my pants.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:08 PM   #15  
pocho032003

HI I am very new too I joined yesterday. I have a problem loosing weight too. HW 255 CW 237 GW 175-150. I was just a little chubby when I was young but when I turned like 12 I exploded. I still am sooo fat. And I loose the weight then when I eat junk food boom back up 5 pounds. Hope it goes better for you.

Theresa
Closed Thread