Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 10:43 AM   #76  

Good Morning,

Ang, you might not read this until you get back. I'm so sorry about the bf. I think mette and I both know what it feels like to be in a painful relationship. Not abusive, but it doesn't have to be for you to feel miserable. I know you'll deal with it when you're ready, and you know what to do, so I won't give you advice. Just know that you are certainly not alone in your situation, as I've had my share of times when I just felt awful and at a loss in relationships. I know e-mail friends don't replace the real thing, but we'll both be here for you while you go through this, k? Please hang in there.

I hope your time away feels good, even if you are with your parents, maybe you'll be able to enjoy some distance right now. We'll be thinking about you!

Mette: I didn't realize you didn't eat meat! Duh. I hope you enjoy the lentil/squash stew. Are you going to make it this weekend? Thank you for the comment about the weight and my eating. Actually my clothes don't fit all that different yet, I seem to be losing in my face, my shoulders, my lower back and my calves... all those places that don't really make a difference measurement wise. I need to lose my belly, boobs and butt, which will (of course) be the last to go. No worries, though.

Good luck with the cleaning! I managed to do a lot of that yesterday. My kitchen is spotless! That is the room where I feel the most chaos if it's dirty or messy, so I'm a little more at peace today. I'm going to do my grocery shopping this morning and get that out of the way, then try to lure Mike to the gym with me.

I got a new book yesterday called "The Diet Cure". So far it's really interesting. The author, Julia Ross, has a background in addiction and focuses on "8 steps to rebalance your body chemistry and end food cravings, weight problems and mood swings." It's very chemistry based (body and brain) and might be interesting to both of you. She outlines the evils of low calorie diets, yo-yo dieting, thyroid, brain chemistry, sugar addiction, and other stuff. I'll give you updates as I get further into the book. It's an interesting approach. She talks a lot about amino acids and eating more protein and taking them as supplements to help with generation of neuro-transmitters and hormones. Do you think there's anything to that? It would be worth a try.

Anyway, I'll check in with y'all later!
Old 07-18-2004, 04:50 PM   #77  

Hi Ladies!

I hope you are both having good weekends. It's been hard not having you around! he he he... Well, I'm managing. In fact I got to the gym yesterday. Did 27 minutes of cardio (I know, why not 30?) and lifted weights for the back, chest, arms and did squats. Those still kick my butt, literally. It felt really good.

Today Mike and I went to the Santa Barbara Zoo, which is about a half-hour from here. We arrived early so parking wasn't a problem and it was still fairly cool out. We had lunch there (he splurged on chili fries and an avacado cheese burger while I had a modest turkey avacado sandwich on wheat and, yes, about 4 bites of chili from his fries!) It's a pretty small zoo, so we spent about 2 hours there. The most impressive animals we saw were an adult female lion and her female cub (so cute!) and a gorrilla who seemed awfully friendly. Anyway we did a lot of walking, lots of up-hills and stairs, so I'm going to count that as my second form of exercise for the weekend. Sadly, it was a lot more physical activity than we usually get on the weekends. Hopefully we will start incorperating those kinds of activities into our lives. It was very peaceful and we had a good time together.

Other than that, eating, since it's the weekend, has been spotty. Yesterday I had something for breakfast that alludes me at the moment, I think a piece of fruit, then when I got home from shopping I made a "scramble" with lean ground beef, spinach, onions, sliced mushrooms and eggs. It was pretty tasty. For dinner I tried out a new recipe, steak Thai salad, with thin strips of steak marinated and roasted, in a salad of purple cabbage and what was supposed to be savoy cabbage, but I wasn't sure what that was so I got some chinese cabbage. It was really good. The dressing had brown sugar in it, but I figured it could have been a lot worse, so I made it anyway. It was great. I feel a little bad about having red meat twice in one day, but I don't make a habit of it, so I think I'll be ok.

Was down 6 oz. on the scale this morning. I should probably stop weighing myself every morning, but I'm still trying to get a feel for what's going on with my body, so it's useful, I think. I also finally bought a measuring tape and took my measurements this morning so I can keep track of that.

I also visited with my parents last night. It was actually really nice to spend a little time with them. I really max out if I'm there more than an hour- two hours, so it was short and sweet.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing about how your respective weekends went. Keep me posted when you have a chance!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:00 PM   #78  
Persistent and Stubborn

Jessica - I just wanted to let you know that I was back but can't write much now. Congratulations on exercising twice this weekend. I think walking at the zoo definitely counts. I also think it's great that you had a nice visit with your parents. I wish I could say the same but that's a story for later. Congratulations also on your weight loss. I weigh too often also, although everyone has their own idea of what is too often. One suggestion - weigh everyday to monitor your body but pick one day and specific time each week to really keep track or take a moving average over 3, 5 or 7 days. If you're anything like me your weight can fluctuate up to 2 or 3 pounds in one day (or maybe I'm just odd).

The steak Thai salad sounds good. I love Thai food. Could you post the dressing receipe, which I guessing is what really makes it Thai. I eat salad a lot at home and am starting to get bored of the same old thing. I'll get back to logging my food tomorrow. You can imagine that while I was away my eating was not very controlled. Oh well. I did run a little this morning (very little but at least it was something). btw - not to be crude, but do either of you find that exercise can be a natural laxative? I'll go for a run and after 10 minutes need to go to the bathroom even though I didn't think I needed to go when I left. It is very uncomfortable and usually causes me to cut my run short. I don't think it is a coincidence but I'm not sure what to do about it.

mette - we're thinking about you.

More from me later. I wish I had better news to report, which is one reason why I am delaying writing. Enjoy your night Jessica (and mette if you get this on Sunday).

Ang
Old 07-19-2004, 12:39 AM   #79  

Ang: My heart really goes out to you, honest! I'm sorry you are having such a rough time of things lately. You certainly deserve to live happily and drama free. Share whatever you feel comfortable with, and please let us know if there's anything we can do.

To answer a couple of your questions... The following link should help you with your running question: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...-0-413,00.html If I find anything else, I'll let you know. If I remember correctly, I had a similar issue when running, for me I think it was when I was pushing myself harder than normal.

I'm also including the recipe for that salad below. The dressing ingredients they provided were WAY out of proportion, so I'm altering them to reflect how I prepared it.

I don't know anything new, other than to just tell Ang I'll be thinking about you and I hope things manage to settle down for you by your birthday. Everyone deserves to have a happy b-day; it's YOUR day!!!!

Thai Steak Salad

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cups brown sugar
2 tbsp. chopped ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cups rice vinegar
12 ounces strip steak
1 head shredded savoy cabbage
1 head shredded purple cabbage
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds (I used regular sesame seeds)
1 cup deep fried won ton strips (I didn't include these, and thought raw peanuts would be good instead)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and vinegar. Set aside at room temperature. Generously brush the meat with some of the dressing and place on a baking sheet. Roast meat for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. When the meat is cool, cut into 1/4-inch strips. In a large bowl, combine the savoy and purple cabbage. Add the green onion and cilantro. Add the beef and enough dressing to thoroughly moisten. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of the sesame seeds and toss again. Put on a plate. Top with remaining sesame seeds and the fried won tons. (I also sprinkled some crushed red peppers on mine to give it a kick)

Talk to you all tomorrow. Happy Monday!
Old 07-19-2004, 03:07 AM   #80  
maintaining

S/C/G: 243/170/165

Height: 6'

Hi guys - I'm just doing a quick check in!
Ang - best of luck dealing with the BF. Sorry about Friday and then the weekend with your parents.
Jessica - I thought I had mentioned it before: but, yes, I don't eat meat. No dead animals - no dead birds! (but fish, dairy, eggs, seafood, etc). No lentil/squash stew this weekend I'm sorry to say - that was the plan before I knew my mother would come. So - now it's on for later this week or the weekend.

As for loosing weight - and where we loose it - it's never evenly distributed. I seem to have lost my *** (and I didn't have much there to start with) - not my stomach, and my boobs are big as ever. Unfortunately. But we'll get there! I'm thinking lifting weights would help, what do you think? I'm down 2 pounds this week btw (Yey!).
The book you're mentioning - 'The diet cure' - it sounds very interesting. I know they've connected overweight and a reduced level of serotonin - which is how they treat depression: increase the serotonin levels. It would be an interesting book to read - I'll look into it.
I feel a bit bad for you that you were left alone for the weekend Jessica - but you seem to have coped OK. Going to the gym, going to the zoo - and loosing weight too! Sounds like a good weekend for you!

And Ang - yes, I have also the experience that jogging is a natural laxative - but for me it hasn't happened until after I've come home from running. And it sort of happened the first weeks when I jogged regularly - it doesn't seem to happen that much anymore. I'm sorry I don't have any ideas how to avoid it though.

My mother's visit is going OK. I'm a bit bored and really want to get into my own routines - but this will only last a few days so it's liveable. We're not really close anymore, and I have this very irrational need to not letting her know stuff about me. Stupid stuff - like what I do, who my friends are, what movies I like. It's like I don't want her anywhere near my life and me. And it hurts her that I'm not letting her close I think. But I want to keep her a bit distant. I don't know what it's about.
Ah well. It's Monday. I'll be at work, she'll come downtown and eat lunch with me. And maybe we'll see a movie tonight - she wants to see "Supersize me" I think. So that could be something we could do together. And by Wednesday she'll go home. I'm keeping a positive attitude! Heh. Have a nice Monday both of you!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:45 AM   #81  
Persistent and Stubborn

Default long post - but what else is new

A new week - yeah!

Jessica - thank you for your support regarding the bf. Right now I am just waiting until my bday is over and then I will confront him. My cousin and some friends suggested that I wait so I don't totally ruin my birthday (Tuesday).

My weekend had some good moments but I have been so disorganized lately, I forgot some of my clothes, my brother's house key so I was locked out, etc. I also spent a lot of time with friends with children and it made me really sad. I want a family and to be surrounded by love and I am happy for my friends but sad for me. One good thing is that I began to appreciate my home. I guess I had to leave to really want to come back.

I'm surprised your clothes don't fit a little differently after all your weight loss. I know it is no comfort, but if you lost weight in other places, like your lower back, then there must have been fat to lose there. Now with your measuring tape you will be able to quantify your changes. You might be losing some in your hips (for example) and not even realize it yet. I know I don't feel any different in my clothes, although I have not lost on the scale either, but a couple of people this weekend said I look a little different. Maybe there is some toning and shifting going on because of the running. Keep up the great work and you'll eventually see all the results that you want.

That book sounds interesting and very scientific. I have heard before about the importance of certain amino acids and such but don't know much about body chemistry. Let us know what you find out. I think we all agree that more protein is a good thing. When I finally get to the grocery store I plan on getting a lot of protein sources for more beneficial snacks.

Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely be trying this one. Thanks also for the link. I guess it's just another reason for me to log my food.

mette - congratulations on another 2 pounds! Lifting weights should definitely help any of us to lose more weight (so why am I not doing it? ) and produce nice muscles to show off as the fat disappears.

Although I'm sorry you are bored, mette, I am glad you are taking care of yourself while your mother is visiting. Working should help make the next two days go by relatively quickly, as compared to the weekend. I can sympathize about letting your mother close. This weekend my mother was just being her and trying to be helpful and nice, but I had no patience for the whole thing. I just resist anything she says that would give her control over my life or even hint that she has control (she was very manipulative when I was younger). I must admit I snapped at her some with the control issues but other times I tried to smile and be appreciative of her efforts to be nice even if I did not really care about what she was doing. My mother shows 'love' with food. She means well so I just go with that. When I got home I through out some of the food she gave me. I didn't want to offend her but I also didn't need it in my body. Bottomline from me, do your best to be nice to your mother when you can but you come first because your feelings are most important. If you see that movie please let me know if it is any good. It sounds like it could be very interesting.

Have a great Monday ladies. I am going to try and run at lunch today. Pleae hold me to it. I don't have a lot of time because my experiment starts at 1pm, but I hoping for 30 minutes better than nothing right?

Ang
Old 07-19-2004, 11:45 PM   #82  
Persistent and Stubborn

Hi Ladies - the count down begins. I justed wanted to let you know that I actually went running for 30 minutes at lunch today. I don't want to do it again soon though because it is too stressful taking a shower and rushing back to work. I also don't like the way I look with wet hair - yuck. I don't plan on exercising today though so I was happy that I got something in. I also weeded around the new watermelon plants for an hour (after thinking about it I really don't get much exercise just weeding - oh well, it still needs to be done). Still in emotional upheaval and ate more than I should have this evening but can't really worry too much about it right now. I am not looking forward to my birthday. When I am upset and lonely it is just magnified when a birthday or holiday comes around. It should be a special day so if no one cares it hurts even more than a regular day. We'll see what happens.

quick bf update - bf had given the impression last week that he was taking a day to spend with me this week for my bday. Today on phone he blew it off. I am giving him one chance to surprise me and when he doesn't that will push me over the edge and he and I will have a 'talk' that will probably be messy, lots of tears and eventual break up. I'll keep you informed.

I hope you are both having lots of fun. mette - I hope you had a good day with your mother. Jessica - how was your Monday?

As best as I can recollect:
breakfast (8am) slimfast shake
10:30am snack: pecans
lunch (12:30pm): 2 chicken cutlets, fresh string beans, apple
dinner/snack (6:30pm): 1 chicken cutlet, more string beans (can't remember what else)
snack (9pm): 2 ff pudding cups, banana, walnuts; hotdog (don't ask), english muffin with peanutbutter (it's hard to remember when I start eating like this)

No time for afternoon snack with subject. Ang
Old 07-20-2004, 12:10 AM   #83  

Hi mette and Ang,

Well, Monday is over and I'm exhausted. I worked non-stop from 8 this morning to 6:30 tonight. Whew. Mike is in Long Beach until Wednesday, so it's just me and the cats tonight and tomorrow. I ran a couple of errands after work, came home and made yummy healthy chicken enchiladas and am now just trying to unwind and get ready for tomorrow.

Ang, did you run at lunch today? I hope you did. I'm planning to go to the gym after work tomorrow, so we'll see if I follow through! I just hope tomorrow isn't as draining as today was.

I know what you mean about being around friends who are married, have children, etc. It was especially hard for me right after my divorce. It was just a reminder of what a "failure" I was. Of course I realize now that sh** happens and I'm certainly not a failure, but it was like salt in the wounds. I end up feeling the same way around people who've finished school and have the successful career they've always dreamed of. I guess it's in areas that I've never been able to feel capable of mastering. I know as we get older, too, those things that we want in life can seem farther away. But it's not. It's all within our grasp and if we can come to believe that, and believe in our selves, we can make it all happen. That's my soapbox for tonight!

mette: Congratulations on the two-pound loss! You're doing fabulously. I'm sure the time with your mom will fly by and you'll be back to your normal routine in no time. Don't worry about not being around; the support really helps, but I did spend some time on this site giving support to some others, and that always helps me stay focused on MY goals and I realize I need to take my own advice! Anyway, it's nice as always, having you guys around to talk to.

I'll wrap it up here with posting my food for today. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup whole shredded wheat, 1/2 cup 1% milk
Snack: 1 nectarine, 1 string cheese
Lunch: 1 California Cobb salad from McDonalds (hommade oil and vinegar dressing)
Snack: 1 Low carb low sugar protein bar
Dinner: 1 ww chicken enchilada with green sauce, olives, jalepenos and low fat cheese
Snack: 1 sugar free jello
Old 07-20-2004, 03:49 AM   #84  
maintaining

Talking Happy birthday Ang!!!!

Ang: Hope you'll have a great day - completely stress free and with you feeling good about yourself and your life. It's true that birthdays touch all the issues we have with what we want to achieve in life. Whether it's a family, a job, or a house - birthdays are when we think about our progress in life and where we're going etc.
As for you - you have made huge changes since your last birthday, haven't you? You have a new job, a new house, a new garden, a new boyfriend, new habits around exercising and eating - those are all things you didn't have last year on your birthday?
You really have a lot of things to get used to and to figure out.
And I have to admit that I'm a bit curious about what's going to happen to you and the BF.
But first of all I wish you a very nice birthday!

And Ang - I think your advice about dealing with mothers is very good - about doing my best to be nice to her when I can - and take care of myself. I'm doing that I think, and it's going OK. Better than I feared. So that's good.

Yey! for going running in your lunch break! That's very impressive. Also - I think gardening and weeding counts as exercise! Why shouldn't it? It's hard work!
Your eating looks OK too - your 9pm snacks aren't that bad - I think overall you did OK under the circumstances. For the next weeks you can work on getting fewer things in your life to feel stressed out about!

Jessica - you really work long days, don't you? You must be exhausted after working 10,5 hours?
As for your eating - you seem to do everything right and are generally having a really good food-period? It must make you feel very good about yourself? I always feel good when I'm having good periods with food: it feels like I'm taking extra good care of myself.

I think your soapbox-talk was completely right. I agree that the things we want in life can seem farther away as we grow older, but that they're not. They're really not, but not everybody remembers it - some forget it I think. A lot of friends my own age was completely amazed by my choices when I went back to school - because I had a job that paid well and took me interesting places. They didn't get the part that it wasn't "the thing I really wanted for me in my life".

And yes - your eating looks really good - but I think I already said that.

My eating yesterday:
Breakfast: oatmeal, cinnamon, skimmed milk, banana
Lunch: salad with brie (mmmmm!)
Dinner: vegetarian pizza, salad,
Dessert: strawberries, skimmed milk, a little sugar
Snack: chocolate cookie

French full-fat-cheeses like brie and camembert are favourites, but I don't eat them that often while loosing weight - because - well, they're full of fat. So they're always a treat.
I see the day is lacking in protein, but it's not so bad considering. I'll do much better by Thursday when I get back in order again.

And: Ang!!! Happy birthday!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:21 AM   #85  

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Ang!!!

I hope you focus on all the great things you have in your life today, and what a good person you are, despite what situations come up in your life. Have a wonderful day and treat yourself to something nice!!!

I remember you said that your bf was going to take some time off this week. I'm so sorry he's blowing you off. He doesn't sound terribly mature or willing to "go the extra mile" for you. That's so discouraging.

Congratulations on going running. I could see it ADDING stress to your day, though, to run and then have to get cleaned up in an hour. You proved that you can do it though.

Mette: Sounds like you're doing well with your mother. And your food yesterday sounded really delicious!

I had a good night's sleep and hope that I maintain a better energy level today. I swear yesterday I was ready for a nap by 3 p.m. and by 5, I just wanted to go home! After the zoo on Sunday, I PURGED my walk in closet that you couldn't walk in. I got rid of a lot of clothes that I don't wear, and went through my "skinny clothes" such as jeans that I haven't been able to wear since I was 148 lbs. a few years ago. I threw some of those clothes away, but kept the good pieces in boxes, looked through them all, and tried to muster inspiration from them. I have one skirt in particular that I'm keeping out to look at, it's a size 8 and I still can't believe I was once small enough to wear it! So last night I finally drug all the bags down to my car so I can donate them today. I feel cleansed, and it's so nice to go into the closet in the morning and not have to climb over STUFF!

About my eating, something funny happened yesterday. At the end of the day, I told one of my coworkers that I was hungry for dinner, and he said something like, "You're always eating. Every time I look over, you're eating something." I got kind of defensive about that, and tried to explain to him that I "have" to eat several times a day, very small meals, blah blah blah, and that's how I best lose weight. And the ironic thing is I used to eat so much MORE, but I would have 3 danishes for breakfast instead of 1/2 cup of cereal. Guess he just never noticed that, or that type of behavior is more acceptable in an office environment than bringing your own breakfast. Oh well, I have to do what I need to do for myself and not worry about what other people think. It's really none of their business.

Anyway, I'll post more later, time to hop in the shower and get ready for the day. Hope you both have a nice day, especially you, Ang on your Happy-B-Day!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 11:41 PM   #86  
Persistent and Stubborn

Default thank you so much

Hi mette and Jessica,

I can't thank you enough for all of your support and well wishes. I actually had a good birthday considering I was afraid I would be very disappointed. Work was busy and a number of people remembered my birthday so I made it a little special. I got home from friends recently but just wanted to post quickly.

Jessica - did you go to the gym today? Good for you on cleaning your closet. Sometimes cleaning and organizing the outside can help reorient or focus the inside. I am glad you kept some smaller clothes for inspiration and the day when you can fit into them again. I am confident that you will do that one day. I have brand new jeans (3 pairs) that are a size too small. I won't get rid of them just in case.

mette - I'm glad things with your mother are better than you thought. Isn't it a nice surprise to have it happen that way? Has she gone already?

You both seem like you are eating very well. Jessica - don't listen to anyone else about your eating or anything else that you do. You are doing awesome and you know it and that is all that counts. You're probably right that healthy eating is more noticeable (and rare) in the workplace. You can be a trend setter.

Today I ate whatever I wanted since I went out to lunch (Chinese) with a coworker and then friends took me out to dinner (Italian) and then baked me a cake for my birthday. I am stuffed. Tomorrow back to exercising and grocery shopping to try and get back on a good eating track.

btw - bf left my present on my back deck before he went to work and while I was at work. I think I am going to see him tomorrow so I don't know why he didn't wait but I'm just happy he didn't forget the big day. I think trying to figure out his reasoning behind the gift giving time is futile. It was a wooden rocking chair. Thoughts? Reactions? Doesn't scream romantic but a very nice gift. I wonder why since we never talked about them before. Again, futile to try and figure it out. Wish me look on talking with him tomorrow. I think my birthday has given me some additional strength so I may actually do it this time.

I'll write more tomorrow - gotta get some sleep now.

Ang
Old 07-21-2004, 01:09 AM   #87  

Ang, I'm so glad your birthday was a good one! It's so nice when those in our daily lives remember our special days. And I'm glad you splurged on your eating and know that you'll get right back to your program tomorrow. That's such a good attitude!

So, a rocking chair, huh? That's a really nice gift, but if it's out of the blue, a little peculiar, no? Did he leave a card or note with it? Let us know how it goes tomorrow. You're a strong person. I know you'll do the right thing for yourself.

I'll start out telling you about my day by saying I DID make it to the gym. Yay, me! ha ha ha... 30 minutes cardio (10 minutes on stair stepper, 20 minutes on elliptical) and my weight training. With that said, I'll tell you, my day started out ok, but after lunch I got back to work and felt horrible. I was tired, and fuzzy-headed, was having trouble finding the right words, felt flushed and just kind of "buzzy" in general. It's hard to explain. I stayed for about a half-hour and told my boss I had to go home. I came home, called Mike to tell him I left work early, and took a 2 hour nap. I woke up feeling a little better, had some sugar-free pudding, puttered around for a while then went to the gym around 7:45 p.m.

I feel back to normal now, thank goodness. I am attributing it to the amino-acid supplements I've been taking since reading that book I told you about. In addition, Mike and I have been taking melatonin before going to bed. I'm going to stop taking everything and see if I feel better tomorrow. I had a similar experience yesterday, but not as bad. So, if you read the book, be cautious about the supplements she suggests. And I was only taking a fraction of the dosage that was recommended. Yikes.

Because of how weird I felt today, my eating was a little off too. No vegitables! Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Good nite, all!

Breakfast: 1 ww english muffin w/ butter, 1 hardboiled egg
Snack: 1 cup cantalope, 1 string cheese
Lunch: 1 ww chicken enchilada
Snack: 1 peanut butter protein shake
Snack: 1 cup sugar-free vanilla pudding
Dinner: 1 ww chicken enchilada
Snack: 1 cup cantalope
Old 07-21-2004, 03:32 AM   #88  
maintaining

Hi guys!

I'm so glad to hear you had a nice birthday Ang!

My mother will be leaving this evening. And it's been OK to have her here - I think the worst part is that my place is so small that we're on top of each other the whole time. It gets very tiring after at day or two.

And Jessica I agree with Ang: you're really doing extremely well with your eating. How funny that it's now people notice that you eat, huh? You go - you trendsetter you!

The rocking chair sounds lovely Ang. Did you like it? Not romantic, but nice - as you say.

Jessica - congratulations on getting to the gym! Sorry you felt weird and fuzzy-headed after lunch, but what kind of amino-acid supplements have you been taking? Hope you'll get better now that you've stopped taking them.
And melatonin? Isn't that for jetlag? Are you sleeping badly or having trouble falling asleep in the evenings?

Oh well. I have to be quick. I just wanted to report in!
Hope everybody is having a great day and everything. I'll be back to normal Thursday.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:46 PM   #89  

Hi Guys,

Ang, hoping everything goes the way you want the the bf tonight. Keep us posted.

mette, looking forward to having you back full time! I was taking L-glutamine and L-phenylalanine, both of which are "supposed to" help with sugar cravings, boost energy and mood, etc. I didn't take anything today and felt SO much better. I may just be really sensitive to supplements, or maybe I'm already getting enough aminos through the protein I eat. Anyway, I think I was trying to fix what wasn't broken, so back to just eating right and exercising. I don't need a bunch of expensive pills to keep me on track.

Mike's back from Long Beach tonight. Feels so good to have him home! Work was really good, busy, but I issued the building permits for my "big project", and got another pat on the back from my boss. I could get used to that! I don't have much else to report. Food was really good today, I'll list below. Talk to you all soon! Hope all is well!

Breakfast: 1 cup whole shredded wheat, 1/2 cup 1% milk
Snack: 1 string cheese, 1 nectarine
Lunch: Salad w/ blue cheese, imitation crab
Snack: 5 cashews, 1 low carb/low sugar protein bar
Dinner: tri-tip, squash, salad
Old 07-21-2004, 10:57 PM   #90  
Persistent and Stubborn

Hey there ladies.

I hate to say it but I did not talk to bf again. I really was going to but he was sick today and I didn't have the heart. We are really behind at the farm so he is also stressed about that. 4 hours weeding today and more tomorrow. I am skipping running tomorrow night to go help him weed for a couple of hours. I know I should just run, but I am also hoping that if he feels better I may be able to talk to him - finally.

mette - I also can't wait for you to return full time. What is the finally thought on your mother's visit?

Jessica - I'm glad you feel better off of the supplements. I don't have a strong idea about them, but if possible I try not to take anything (even medication) unless I really have to. I bet you're right - you are not broken and didn't need to be fixed. Good for you.

Kudos again Jessica for work. Lucky you that Mike is home too. A good day all around. Any ideas on your next exercising adventure? Not being pushy but just inquiring to help keep you motivated.

I went to the grocery store today and got some lf swiss cheese, turkey and ham to make little wrap ups for snacks at work. I also bought some ff yogurt (forgot to check the sugar) and a lot of fruit - still can't resist. Food today was a little strange since I went shopping late in the day. Transitioning to all good hopefully.

Breakfast (9:30am) - shake
Lunch (noon) - fresh string beans, engligh muffin with peanutbutter, Russian chocolate (2 pieces)
dinner (5:30pm) - more string beans, another e muffin with pb, hotdog
snack (after shopping at 8pm) - cherries (too many, maybe a pound), leftover bday cake

Ang
Closed Thread