Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 02:25 AM   #1  

Default I'm new here!

Hi, my name is Joy and I'm new here. I'm currently 27, married with 1 child and desperately seeking support or help in losing weight.

I had a C-section with my son in January and I've gained weight and I want to lose it. I was big when I got pregnant. I lost a few pounds after he was born, but I'm stuck at 255 and can't lose it.

Any tips or suggestions?

Joy
Old 06-26-2004, 07:49 AM   #2  

Hi Joy! It is good to know you are trying to get off that baby weight. believe me you will be happy you did. I never did and put on large amounts with both my babies and never took it off because no one told me to exercise (back in the olden days! I am 50) Anyhow, make sure you are taking in enough calories and if you are, make sure you are getting in that daily exercise. There is no secret just good hard work. If you seem to be at the upper level of calories, points, whatever you are doing, you may want to bounce back and forth a little to get your metabolism jumping again. For example: If you eat between 1400-1600 calories, do 1400 mon-wed then eat a full 1600 on thurs then 1500 on Friday and back to 1400 or whatever. It somehow tweaks your metabolism to do this.

Good luck to you!

Faye
Old 06-26-2004, 08:16 AM   #3  

Faye, over 1600 posts - wow! I am looking forward to being here to be able to do that many and more! Joy the advice Faye gave you is a good one, back when I loss a lot of weight the first time I consulted a professional female body builder, but she was not these over muscular types, in a nutshell, she had a body to die for, ANYWAY she told me to vary my calories from day to day that way you body never got used to a set amount and that would speed the metabolism. Another thing is when you walk or run or whatever, do what is called interval training, for example walk at a steady pace for one minute, then fast for one or two minutes, then a steady pace until heartbeat and breathing are back to normal, then pick it up again, this is another good way to burn fat. Anyway check in often with us, we are here to help you, and congratulations on being a mommy.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Joy!!

I too had a baby recently!! I had my daughter in October of 2003 which was by emergency c-section as well!! I was 230 when I went in to have her, I got down to 215 after the birth then had part of my thyroid removed and gained it all back and then some, I got up to 250 but I'm back down to 220 now! I started my journey on March 8 and have lost 30 lbs so far!!

What plan are you thinking of using, and how bout exercise?
Good luck to you and welcome to 3fc!!
Michelle
Old 06-26-2004, 04:35 PM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Welcome Joy!

It is great to have you with it!

I have three boys and the last two were c-sections. So I know how you feel!

I just got back down to pre-pregnancy weight and I still have a ways to go!

Hope you love it here and if you need anything, don't hestitate to ask! We are a big happy family!
Closed Thread