Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 12:29 AM   #1  

Cool Could really use a buddy or two or three.....

I am new here in the last few days, I could really use some encouragement. I have been overweight all my life, its been a hard struggle for 45 years. When i was born I tipped the scale at 9 pounds 15 3/4 ounces, and now tip the scale at 282. .I have a wonderful darling hubby who gives me all the encourgement he can but sometimes it is hard because he is a guy and sometimes a guy just doesn't get the emotional rollercoaster ride you can have. . So I could really use a few girlfriends to talk with. We moved from one coast to the other four years ago and i haven't made too many friends because of my low self-esteem. His family all live here in BC but scattered across the province and my family is all back in Ontario. So i need help and encourgement as much as I can get it.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:54 AM   #2  

I would love to buddy up with you!!! What kind of plan are you doing? Im doing Low Calorie and watching my portion size.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:55 AM   #3  

Hey Lisal,

I know how it feels. I was the big girl(not fat but big and tall) Tipped the scales at birth also, 12lbs 1oz. Now that's big. Was thin when I met my dh. But 3 boys in 5yrs and I was huge. The dh is great. Never rides me. Never embarrased of me(though I am) I am now 273. Just trying to watch what I'm eating. I'm so fed up with all the programs. I've also made exercise part of my life. Right now I'm struggling with a back problem and haven't been able to exercise a couple of days and I'm in full panic because I know how easy it is for me to break a good habit. I will continue to visit this thread and we can see how we're doing. Good luck. ttyl
Old 06-20-2004, 11:14 AM   #4  

Hello DonnaD. Lisal hang in there girl, there is hope, and as long as you have hope there is a chance. I would suggest if possible to find a support group like Weight Wathcers or TOPS it is so nice to meet with people who have the same issues as you do and there are the ones who have reached their goals who can help teach and motivate you. Also there is this wonderful site with wonderful people like DonnaD and others who care very much about you visit as often as you need, visit instead of overeating. Take things one meal at a time and pray for the courage to see this through. Know that I pray for everyone on this site daily and that you are loved ancd cared about. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless You.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:35 PM   #5  

Default I am doing 1600 calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJune
I would love to buddy up with you!!! What kind of plan are you doing? Im doing Low Calorie and watching my portion size.
I am doing 1600 calories and pilates and walking. This is day 3 for me and so far i am trying to be good but have a bad sweet tooth that can get me in trouble. I am type 2 diabetic and on medication, but have been keeping my glucose in order. Readings have been good . Do you have MSN ? Thanks Lisa
Old 06-20-2004, 01:52 PM   #6  

Thanks to all of you for the support, I am still working on my goals and just getting my self motivated to finally do this. I have tried weight loss groups, but because of my work schedule not always easy for meetings and weigh ins.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:52 PM   #7  
Autumn_Online

Red face

Hey there lisal, I'm totally in the same boat missy...I just moved away from home with my Husband and Daughter for my hubby's job. I've only been here about 6 weeks, and stay home with my daughter so it's so tough to make friends. I'm also pretty self-concious about my weight and it holds me back from being as outgoing as I'd like to be. praytherosary822 up there suggested trying Tops, and I thought that was a really good idea. I'm headed up to my first meeting tommorrow...maybe joining something like that would help you where you are? To meet some new people, and feel better about yourself...maybe it will help to be in a room with a group of people with the similar experiences and goals? Oh well, don't mean to be redundant, but I really thought it was a good idea! LOL* Good luck! I'm on ICQ & MSN if ya ever wanna talk!
Old 06-21-2004, 09:38 PM   #8  

Smile Thanks Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaD
Hey Lisal,

I know how it feels. I was the big girl(not fat but big and tall) Tipped the scales at birth also, 12lbs 1oz. Now that's big. Was thin when I met my dh. But 3 boys in 5yrs and I was huge. The dh is great. Never rides me. Never embarrased of me(though I am) I am now 273. Just trying to watch what I'm eating. I'm so fed up with all the programs. I've also made exercise part of my life. Right now I'm struggling with a back problem and haven't been able to exercise a couple of days and I'm in full panic because I know how easy it is for me to break a good habit. I will continue to visit this thread and we can see how we're doing. Good luck. ttyl
I really had a great day, Stuck to the diet without any problems. I have decided for now until I can get the first 15 pounds off to try it alone with everyones support from here, I did TOPS years ago, and I wasn't very successful, maybe this time with a different group it might work. My hubby is as wonderful as always and not riding me either about any food I put in my mouth, he just keeps giving me encourgement everyway he can think of. I am so lucky Good luck with you too ttyl
Old 06-21-2004, 09:45 PM   #9  

Smile Thanks for the advice and prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by praytherosary822
Hello DonnaD. Lisal hang in there girl, there is hope, and as long as you have hope there is a chance. I would suggest if possible to find a support group like Weight Wathcers or TOPS it is so nice to meet with people who have the same issues as you do and there are the ones who have reached their goals who can help teach and motivate you. Also there is this wonderful site with wonderful people like DonnaD and others who care very much about you visit as often as you need, visit instead of overeating. Take things one meal at a time and pray for the courage to see this through. Know that I pray for everyone on this site daily and that you are loved ancd cared about. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless You.
Hello = thanks for suggesting TOPS, I have done this group before back where I lived before, maybe it might be worth a try here. I was planning to try it on my own for the first 15 pounds and go from there before I join an out side group. I have been visiting the site and drinking water in the evenings to stay away from my kitchen its been working well. Thanks again for the caring message
Old 06-21-2004, 09:50 PM   #10  

Smile Hey there Autumn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn_Online
Hey there lisal, I'm totally in the same boat missy...I just moved away from home with my Husband and Daughter for my hubby's job. I've only been here about 6 weeks, and stay home with my daughter so it's so tough to make friends. I'm also pretty self-concious about my weight and it holds me back from being as outgoing as I'd like to be. praytherosary822 up there suggested trying Tops, and I thought that was a really good idea. I'm headed up to my first meeting tommorrow...maybe joining something like that would help you where you are? To meet some new people, and feel better about yourself...maybe it will help to be in a room with a group of people with the similar experiences and goals? Oh well, don't mean to be redundant, but I really thought it was a good idea! LOL* Good luck! I'm on ICQ & MSN if ya ever wanna talk!
Glad to meet you Autumn and thanks for the reply back, I see that you got lost going to your TOPS meeting never trust a map on a computer, i found that out as well when we had to go to the mainland for a couple of days I might try TOPS in a while from now, I want to get started on my own with the Doctors help of course. I will decide after I lose 15 pounds, keep me posted on how you do. TTYL lisal
Old 06-22-2004, 08:56 AM   #11  

Hi lisal. Just checking in to see how you are doing? So far this week so good for me, of course it's only Tuesday! Tomorrow is our day off and by the grace of God we will NOT overeat. We wanted to go catch some crabs and boil them, but the weather is not looking to good so far for that, so we may just have to stay home. Good luck with losing the first 15 pounds, some people can do it without a support group and if you think about it, the ultimate food choices are yours and yours alone, you don't have members with you 24/7 to keep you straight so you more often than not have to rely on yourself and you do have what it takes you just have to believe in yourself and your abilities. If you don't mind my asking and I will not be offended if you do mind, how much weight do you want to lose? I am at 207 and want to get back to 130 and it's too early for me to figure how much that is in my head without a calculator. Anyway God BLess you and have a wonderful day. Looking forward to getting back to you tonight.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:01 PM   #12  

I went to the Doctors today and have decided on a goal of getting to 200 and staying on 1600 calories aday. I would love to lose 132 pounds to bring me down to 150 that is my dream goal, but will be happy to lose that first 82 pounds. Thanks for all the prayers. I think they are starting to work on me. God Bless and have a great evening.
Lisal
Old 06-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #13  

You are on the right track. Set your goal at 200 and then go from there. Make small goals in between. The first time I loss a lot of weight I was at 215.5 and got all the way down to 130 so it is not unreasonable for you to want to get down to your dream goal of 150, but don't look at that number just do it 10 pounds at a time. This is a great site and we are all here to help and encourage you, so do not ever feel you are alone because you are not. My dream is to get back to 130 again and STAY there for the rest of my life. Another thing is when you reach your goal and I'm sure you remember this from TOPS is set your leway not to go so many pounds over your goal weight, I never set a goal of going so many pounds under my goal, just staying at goal is hard enough. I also recommend a book called THE THIN BOOKS, it is awesome, it deals with compulsive overeating and the second part of the book is daily positive "meditations" with an action plan. It was recommended to me by a very nice person on this site and it has been the best motivator so far in addition to all of you wonderful people of course and pray. Pray for the desire to WANT to reach your goal and then pray for the courage and strength to see it through. I will keep you in prayer and please hang with us and keep us updated. Have a Blessed Day.

Last edited by praytherosary822; 06-23-2004 at 09:38 AM. Reason: can't spell worth a darn some days!
Closed Thread