Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 04:27 PM   #1  

Default Fell of the wagon :)

Hi - This is all new to me but thought I'd give it a shot. My family and I recently moved from the Dallas/FW metroplex to a small town. I love the small town feeling, but we all know what happens in stressful situations - the weight comes back for a visit, but doesn't seem to be in a hurry to leave I lost 40 lbs about 2 years ago (yea me). But like I said I have gained 10 back. Now I know that doesn't sound like alot, but when you can no longer where any of your clothes and you feel like all 40 are sitting on your thighs it pretty much drags you down, you know. I have tried so hard the last 4 months to lose 1#. I finally decided since I wasn't getting anywhere I might as well eat. And so I did. And of course, we all know that did not help.
I have made the commitment to start back to meetings on Monday. I had a buddy where we use to live and that was so great! But I don't have anyone here. Anybody interested?
I am hoping that maybe some conversation with others with help get me over this hump and get me back to where I am comfortable again in my body.
Thanks
Mary
Old 06-10-2004, 09:47 PM   #2  

Default I BROKE the wagon!!

I know how you feel, Mary. I not only fell off the wagon but broke the darn thing! I had lost over 80 pounds and got burned out with the TOPS meetings, so I quit going to the meetings, so not only did I quit the group, but also quit the diet, now I am almost back to my original weight, but God is good and allows second chances. So my husband and I are trying to lose our excess weight. This is a great site with very good people. Take things one meal at a time, for some of us, it's too hard to take things one day at a time, so only focus on one meal at a time. I pray daily for those on this site so know that you are in my prayers. God Bless
Closed Thread