Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 03:35 AM   #1  
I'll get there

Thumbs up 1 st week, and buddy request

Well, I first joined this forum a week ago, in a very depressed state.

Many of you posted back some very encouraging words, and I am very grateful to you and to this place.

For the past week I began an excersise program for the first time in my life! I stuck to it! I have NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE! The good feelings I got from working out and finding I could do it were wonderful. I walked 3 miles twice this week, and worked out with my kids' weight bench for 3 days. I am sore but I feel good. I ate all good and healthy food, for a week, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 20 years! I am just very pumped right now, and can't belive that I actually did the excersise, that is a bloomin' miracle is what it is. Tomorrow I am actually looking forward to another 3 mile walk. I decided to alternate the walking and weight days for 6 days and take Sunday off. I did eat some fried fish tonight, but it was sort of a reward. I just want to thank those of you who gave me the push I needed to give an HONEST look at myself, and stop being afraid to move. I appreciate that SOOOOO much, and I am seriously getting hooked on the weight lifting info here.

Second, if there are any ladies out there who are 300+ and want to try lifting weights or walking, I could use a buddy ! Or even someone who has lost weight using these forms of excersise would be great. I could sure use the help. I dont get a lot of computer time, but I can encourage and be encouraged

Thanks!
Closed Thread