Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #1  
Slow&SteadyWinsTheRace

Exclamation HELP! Newby needs support

Hello, I am new to message boards, etc. and have never used any online support. However I have used just about every weight loss program out there and have never stuck to any of it. I am a mom of 3 - ages 3 to 14 and I run a day care and preschool in my home (6 three year olds plus a 10 month old). I need to lose 45 pounds, I am 35. I'm looking for H-E-L-P!! Can someone give me pointers on this online support thing? I'd like to have some accountability and help through this so far lifelong journey to better health. I have to stop sabotaging myself - you know, lose 5 pounds so throw yourself a party by eating everything for the next week?
Old 05-25-2004, 02:11 PM   #2  

Question I'll help!

well i am glad that you came to this website for support cause thats why i am here too! I am 18 years, i used to weigh 272 now down to 207 but now i stopped my diet and i cant get back on it. I need to lose 30morepounds and i saw you want to lose 45 more pounds maybe we can help each other???? I just ate only 1,000 calories a day. And i excerised more, but i cantget back on mydiet and i need help too, wanted to buddy up?

sw-272
cw-207
gw-180
Old 05-25-2004, 03:02 PM   #3  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome momof3! You definitely have your hands full with your own children plus the daycare. I don't know how you moms do it!

We are all here to help you. This is a wonderful place for support, if you just make your way around the forum you will find a lot of information on many different diet plans. Some people follow a plan and others like vollybchick, follow their own thing. Although you should really keep your calories to at LEAST 1200 to stay healthy. Anything less is not recommended for health and/or long term weight loss.

I am going in to phase 2 of South beach and it is theonly thing I have been able to stick with an the last 5-6 years. I haven't cheated yet which is nothing short of a miracle for me This may work for you or you may find something else that suits you better. Whatever it is, find all the info you can before starting anything. Each of the forums for different weight loss plans have what is called Stickies at the top of the page. There you can find a lot of information on the plan and helpful tips.

Also check out the recipe forums. YUM! Again welcome and good luck. You can PM me if you have any questions. BYe!
Old 05-26-2004, 02:02 AM   #4  
Slow&SteadyWinsTheRace

Thumbs up Thanks now to just get started...

Thanks for the welcome vollybchick and ozziesgirl. Starting to see how the site works, like a foreign language if you haven't been on a message board before. Now if I could just get started on this diet......I have tried South Beach recently, made it 4 weeks, lost 10 pounds, but felt completely lousy the entire time, sick to my stomach, headachy, just not right for me I guess. So of course when I added all those carbs back in, gained the 10 right back. Now I would just like to eat healthy, kind of following weight watchers general guidelines for how much I should be eating, but mostly need to cut out the junk food, fast food, and desserts and get off my rear and exercise. I think about 1300 calories is the lowest I can handle - vollybchick - how do you do 1000? I could never stick to it. I'm getting a good feeling from the support available at this site. I've never dieted with anyone, always on my own (with a very skinny husband in the house who eats whatever and whenever and never gains an ounce!) Maybe I'll actually do it this time. I have dieted since I was 17 or so, you know, the classic yo-yo syndrome - of course looking back I think I was crazy, I was tiny at 17 - only 140 pounds and thought I was SOOO fat. Then had my first son at 20 and never saw 140 again. Heck, haven't seen 170. Thanks again, and until tomorrow....
Closed Thread