Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 05:47 AM   #1  

Default I Need Buddy Support:)

Hi, my name is Danielle, I'm 21 and in the Tampa area. I just moved here and I don't know anyone. I desperately need a weight loss buddy. My boyfriend would be a terrible one because he is so damn skinny, lol! I need someone who knows how I feel and what I am going through to help motivate me. I'll motivate you too! Help! I am tired of being fat.

Danielle
Old 05-24-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Hi Danielle!

If you are just looking for online support, I'd be glad to give it to you. I am 22 yrs. old, from Massachusetts, and I too am sick of being fat. My bf is 6'2" and weighs 165 soaking wet He can maintain that weight eatting whatever he wants and as much as he wants...he has a high metabolism, we should all be so blessed!

I started trying to lose weight in March. I joined Curves and on my first weigh in/measure I was at 220.5 - yuck... I didn't lose much my first month, but as of now, I have lost about 18# total... I'm getting so close to "ONEderland" and I can't wait to make it there!

I don't know how much weight you have to lose, but I want to get down to like 170, so I have quite a bit still to lose myself and could be here for you if you'd like
Old 05-24-2004, 01:43 PM   #3  

You sound like my perfect weight loss buddy! But...I think I have you beat. My boyfriend is 6' and 135! Damn him! LOL. I weighed 210 yesterday. Bleh. My ideal weight is no less than 160. I would love to be 170-175. That's a good weight for me. Of course, when I weighed that much, I thought I was fat...if I only knew...argh. We have very similar goals! So...how do you want to do this? Through journals, email? Heh, I'm not quite sure It's so nice to have support. This site is great. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2004, 02:46 PM   #4  
~*Hopelessly Dreaming*~

Hi Danielle & Jenn!

My name is Becky, I'm 19 and live in NY. My boyfriend is very skinny as well and is trying to be supportive but it's so hard because he doesn't know exactly what it's like! I'm @ 225 and have been at this for a few weeks. Haven't weighed myself again though - I'm too scared!! Anyways I just wanted to say hello and I'm here if you guys want to talk!!!

Thanks!
Becky
Old 05-24-2004, 02:48 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

I can't even imagine Tim weighing any less than he does, he's already a rail... your bf must be a twig!!!

We can do this through psoting on here or through email and AIM/Yahoo or any combination of those things. My email and everything is in my profile if you want to contact me that way and if not, I'll look forward to hearing from you on here!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:02 PM   #6  
One step at a time...

Hey Becky! Like I said to Danielle, I'm more than willing to be your buddy too! You can feel free to IM me or email or send me a PM, or we can jus chat/keep track of each other here!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:49 PM   #7  

Hey guys. For now, I will just be posting in here. Somehow, I'm terrible at returning emails, but good at replying here, lol. And yeah...my boyfriend is a twig! But I like skinny boys and he likes fat chicks, so I guess it works out, lol. I'm glad to have you both as weight-loss buddies. I'm doing pretty well today...so far I don't think my info is in my profile, but I'll put it there right away. Good luck.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:12 AM   #8  

Hello my name is Heather I am 21 years old and looking for a diet buddy as well. I currently weigh 309 and am on the atkins diet to try and loose 100 lb. I have PCOS Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and i am trying to lose weight to make life easier on me and be able to try to get pg. Thank you.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:51 AM   #9  
One step at a time...

Hi Heather! Welcome to our little group. I too want to lose weight so it will be easier for me to get pg when the time comes. I also want the pregnancy itself to so smoothly and being overweight causes more complications. I don't have PCOS, I do have my own issues though, mostly that have to do with my blood and veins... I have PCS (Pelvic Conjestion Syndrome) and whenever I say I have PCS people think I meant to say PCOS

Well I hope you ladies all had a good night... I went to a PawSox game last night and I went over my calories I usually stay just under 1200 cal but yesterday I went to over 1300 and I didn't go to the gym - bad, bad... Tonight I will go to the gym no matter what...
Old 05-26-2004, 03:16 AM   #10  

I just wanted to say hello and see how you guys have been the last few days I've been doing ok. My eating habits have seen better days, but I've been working out just like I should. I hope you are all doing well. Feel free to email me if you need support or just someone to talk to. Ciao.
Danielle
Old 05-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #11  
One step at a time...

Morning ladies!

Just wanted to check in with y'all. I went to the gym last night and then tried out the pilates tape I ordered which arrived yesterday...it is 3 10-minute target workouts (belly, butt, thighs) and a full body workout... i just tried the thighs and it was over before I knew it. I also stayed under 1100 calories yesterday which was good because I went over my 1200 for the past two days...so I am getting back on track.

Tonight is the gym and then water aerobics, fun stuff!

I'll check in with again later
Old 05-27-2004, 02:43 PM   #12  

Default Hey Ladies:)

How have you all been? Post and let us know. I'm feeling really sleepy at the moment. I need someone to tell me to get off my lazy arse and excersise!!! I'll tell you the same, lol! Pilates...I had a pilates tape once...accidentally left in 3000 miles away. Heh. It was pretty tough. Definetely a good work-out. Keep it up!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:32 PM   #13  
One step at a time...

Default Good afternoon

Danielle - You should go exercise...It may make you less sleepy... I have been exhausted lately but if I don't exercise I actually get more tired...

So this is me telling you to "get off your arse and exercise"! Hehe!
Old 05-29-2004, 06:21 AM   #14  

I was kind of sick for two days...so I didn't excercise! But I'm back on track now and feeling better. How have you ladies been? I will be leaving today for Connecticut and then a road-trip to California where I'll probably eat like crazy! Nah...I'll tone it down, lol. But I love driving cross-country and eating at greasy little cafes in the middle of nowhere! I really do! I don't know if I will have internet access or not, but I'll try:) I'm bringing my workout video to California and I'm going to swim my butt off in all the hotel pools! Yeah! LOL. Ok, I think I need some sleep. Ciao!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #15  
One step at a time...

Good morning ladies!

I don't know if I told y'all that Tim's family was coming up this weekend, but they did and the weekend with Tim's mom and sister was great. They are just so nice! We went up to Maine on Saturday and to a cookout at my family's house on Sunday. Yesterday I left them alone so they could have some time with just Tim and while they were out, they bought me wizard of oz magnets because "they saw them and thought of me" - how sweet are they? I went out to dinner with them last night and then we just sat around the apartment for a while. Tim is driving them back to the airport today... I wish I could see them off, but my sister is on vacation this week, which means I can't take the day off, so I said my good-byes last night.

This morning I went to the gym first thing...I wanted to get my workout in now so I could spend my ENTIRE afternoon with Tim since we hadn't had any personal time to just snuggle with his mom and sister staying at his apartment...anywho I weighed myself while I was at the gym, and I actually cried...HAPPY tears... I saw 198.75#!!!! I DID IT!!! I'm in ONEderland!!! After a holiday weekend and not going to the gym since Friday...I am soooo excited!
Closed Thread