Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default Introduction and question...

I am thrilled to have found this forum!
now for my brief intro....I have just survived my 50th birthday. Over the past 9 months, I have lost 30lbs. and am now at 155. I am 5'3, so hopefully I will be able to get off another 20. I am a vegetarian and managed to lose the first 30 on a modified Atkins diet. I have not lost any weight in the last couple of months. I am thinking about switching to weight watchers.
My question is this: Is weight watchers vegetarian friendly? I am not a vegan...I eat dairy products and eggs.

Enzyme
Old 05-19-2004, 12:46 PM   #2  
my dad made me1 from wood

I"m not on ww but i just wanted to say hey and welcome.... 30lbs thats great.... weight watchers just goes by points certain foods have certain points So I don't see y it wouldn't be vege friendly....
Take care,
Heather
Old 05-19-2004, 06:22 PM   #3  

Default WW and vegetarians

Hi--I am a lacto-ovo veg. and have been following WW for 3 weeks. It works just fine for what I eat. THe booklet includes the point values for many veg. foods, including Boca Burgers, fake sausage, tofu, etc.
I like the point system a lot; it helps me feel that I have many choices during the day. The food journal has also been helpful.

Good luck--
Elana
Old 05-20-2004, 11:19 AM   #4  

I did ww online for a bit and it is vegetarian friendly as you can eat what you want but obviously healthier stuff is lower in points.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:33 PM   #5  

Thanks so much for the information, and the welcome. I think I will try ww for the summer and see what comes off...good to know they acknowledge boca burgers and tofu.....they are my favorites.
Closed Thread