Iowa Mom needs support and will give support in return

• I am 35 years old. I have 3 children and live in Iowa. I need to lose 65 to 70 lbs. and would like to find a few serious online friends who share one or more things in common with me. My email addy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I am someone who needs support and who will give support in return.
  • Hello
    Welcome to 3FC!!!!

You'll find so much support here. I do hope you browse around a little to see if you find a thread that would interest you.

I post with the Jaded Ladies and we discuss our weight, but also many other topics. We have women from everywhere and we would love to have you join us, or at least stop by and say hi. I have found everyone here on this site to be very supportive.

Hope you can stop by and once again....Welcome!

Marti
  • Hi there - I'm a working mom of 1, just getting started on a long journey to lose 70 lbs before I get pregnant again (8 down 62 to go!!). Would love to share some support and encouragement - hope to hear from you!
  • Hi!

I am 34 with three children also, ages 11-9-7, all soon to be 12-10 and 8. I want to lose 65-70 pounds by my 35th birthday in October, I am not sure if that is too much weight to lose in 5 1/2 months, but I am going to try. I try to diet, but then lose motivation very easily. I would like to find a serious diet buddy who is committed also. Too many times, I have found someone and then they drop out, then I lose my motivation. I hope we can be supportive and help each other. My am trying to attain my weight loss goals by calorie counting, fat gram counting and carb counting. I used to do weight watchers and feel like I need to count points too, but that didn't seem to work for me too well. I think I was eating too many carbs but staying within my point range. I hope we can be of help to each other. Good luck!

Dana
  • Hi Dana and WidWest Mom!
    I am 32, and in this for the long haul! My son is 2 1/2, and as I said, my goal is to lose 60-70 before getting pregnant again, my overall long term need is to lose 100 from my original start weight. I am counting fat and calories, and changing carbs to good carbs. I joined Curves 6 weeks ago (LOVE IT!) and am also taking Xenical under my doctor's care due to my extreme weight and elevated glucose and cholesterol levels. Though the Xenical is pretty good behavior modification, it iis no quick or easy fix, and comes with side effects if you are not serious about lifestyle change (ok- end of soapbox, as you can tell, I've gotten some flack about taking a med). Needless to say, I am serious about this - it would be alot easier if I didn't like food so much!! I am married, my husband is supportive but not quite as serious about losing weight himself (though he knows he should), so he can't understand the frustrations that come with this process. Anyway, you will learn I am a bit of a smart alec, and sometimes a bit long winded! (sorry!) Talk to you soon!
  • Hi, this is the first time I have posted a reply on this site. I am a stay at home mother of three. Daughters 11 and 8 months and son 3 years. I joined WW in the middle of January and have lost 22.6 pounds so far. I really like the program but I have discovered that you REALLY have to WANT to lose the weight (duh). I started in at 266.6 pounds. Anyways, I am serious about losing this weight and would love to support anyone and receive support in return. Good luck ladies!
  • for Iowa Mom
    Hi Iowa Mom...we sound pretty similar.
    Im 36 and mom to 3 boys
    since having my children ive
    never been able to loose the weight
    and am desperate to shed around 75 lbs.
    If Your interested in sharing ideas and
    support leave me a message and maybe
    we can connect.
    Thank You
  • Hi guys, how's everybody doing tonight? I'm proud of myself today I consumed less than 1900 calories and walked 30 minutes! It makes me feel great!
  • Know It Feels
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I am a current at home mom going back to work. I have two children and will also support you in losing weight. I am also seeking to lose about 70 to 100 pounds. I have tried almost everything. I am currently doing a combination and that is what works for me.

Errica

H.W. 287
    C.W 279