Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 11:13 PM   #1  

Exclamation which diet to use???? :?:

First, this is an INCREDIBLE site. I'm going to be emailing this site to many people. Second, I am so confused with which diet is best. I am not obese, but I need to lose about 15 pounds. I can't believe what I look like now. I've been on South Beach and it definitely took away those cravings, but it is too hard. I don't have time to make all that food. I've heard mixed reviews about WW, but it seems fairly easy. What do you suggest?
Old 05-08-2004, 06:24 PM   #2  
stbakd

i am on ww. it follows the food guide. drink lots of water to flush out the fat and other things your body doesn't need. try ww web site www.wieghtwatchers.com for help
good luck glen
Old 05-08-2004, 09:06 PM   #3  

Height: 5 foot

I made up my own diet really, like a lot others out here counting calories and exercising. That's probably all you need to do. Theres a calculator on this site that tells you how much calories you need according to your weight, and you just reduce them from there. I also use Healthy Choice meals to help with calories and fat. Drink a lot of water and try to lessen your sugar and fat intake. I know it sounds kinda rough, but you can do it gradually. Hope that helps!
Old 05-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I personally do South Beach but started on Atkins, I love South Beach cuz I get to eat tons of veggies, I actually have such a hard time getting above 1000 calories a day eating on South Beach foods and I get to eat a ton I haven't found myself hungry yet!! I liked atkins too but its a lot of meat and a lot of fat. Like Jaymi said counting calories is uncomplicated maybe cut your calorie intake by 500 a day and get some exercise in and you'll start seeing some results, Remember the water!! it is so important in a healthy diet, I've found that since I started drinking mainly water, I don't retain it as much so I'm not having problems with water weight gain fluctuations. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Michelle
Old 05-08-2004, 09:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh by the way, if you would like to see the kinds of foods I eat in a day on the South Beach diet just click on the link in my signature that says Michelles fitday daily journal. It really isnt as restrictive as some people think.
Michellle
Old 05-10-2004, 10:10 PM   #6  

Thanks Michelle...you really are committed! Thanks also for your Fit Day referral...I love that site also. I can't get away from chocolate, but I am trying to modify. When I do get the craving, I grab somehing sugar-free. I wish I had the time to cook...SBD would be so much easier.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:31 AM   #7  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom97
I am so confused with which diet is best. I am not obese, but I need to lose about 15 pounds.
The best diet is the one you will actually stick with It appears that all of the diets work equally as well as the other, as long as you stick to them. Find one that fits your lifestyle and personal tastes. You don't have to follow a popular diet, you could devise your own that is better suited for you.

If you don't have time to cook, you might try using frozen diet dinners as the basis of your diet. I lost about 45 pounds living on frozen diet dinners, salads, and sandwiches. The greatest part was that there was rarely more than a fork in the kitchen sink
Closed Thread