Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #1  

Red face New to Site-Any Buddies Out There?

Hi,

I'm new to this site. I must say I'm glad I found it. I'm 37, used to have a fairly nice shape! Well, low & behold my body is in complete dysfunction right now! I've put on about 20-25 pounds the past 2 months. What is happening to me! I believe it may be from a medication I was on which I stopped, but I feel like my metabolism is shot

I could really use some buddies, I've been so depressed, not to mention that I've just ended my marriage. Can anything else go wrong for me?! HELP

Last edited by ChunkyChick2; 05-07-2004 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hey there girl!

First of all lift your head up high and be pround of who you are. Society as a whole judges us by our size not who we are. Medcines can reak havoc on our bodies and when that is the case it seems as if it takes longer to loose, but you have to look inside and see what is exactly going on emmontionally as well. As for ended you marriage I too recently went thru that and it did take a toll on my loss, that is for a month or so, but then I got back on the horse so to speak. Had to go on steriods for 2 weeks and yeah weight decided to come on over to see me. But hey it is slowly leaving(YEAH!)! Just remember that this is a wonderful place here and that there are many people who will stand beside you to help lift you up when needed. I know that it is easier said than done but try to think about all the good in your life right now and focus on that. I am here for you and will do my best to help you in any way that I can.

Sunny thoughts.

sandy
Old 05-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #3  

Smile Thanks for the support gigglez!

What an uplifting person you are! Thanks so much I needed that! I spent the day outside (all day!) doing yard work, planting flowers, pulling weeds, and I even mowed the lawn and edged it!! Hopefully I burnt off a lot of calories! Now if I could only stop snacking to keep off the extra pounds! I read that drinking wine adds on the calories, but I had a glass! Pulling the weeds helped me get out alot of frustrations!
Old 05-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #4  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hello

I had a vision of those weeds with an ex dh's face on them and had to chuckle!

I am Cindi, 37, SAHM to 7 kids. I would go see a doc and make sure there are no medical problems first. But it just could be from the stress you have been under, especially if you are an emotional eater. Many gain weight from certain meds too. Just take that bull by the horns and take care of yourself. YOU ARE WORTH IT! You will feel so good once you start eating healthy and exercising!

Welcome and feel free to PM me anytime!

Love,
Cindi
Old 05-08-2004, 09:21 PM   #5  

Wink Cindi, How funny are you!!!?!?!?!

I had the same vision!! I pictured my ex's head on top of each dandelion I pulled!! Make a wish! Poof he's gone!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:37 PM   #6  

Evening Chunky and Cindi!

I wish that my ex would be like a weed and poof gone! Wait he is that is why I can't get support. Oh well got to let it go.

Chunky WTG on getting out and pulling weeds. Mine need much help. I agreee with Cindi, go visit your docotr about the meds. About the red wine I have read that one glass a day is good for your heart. So I guess that is one of those things where you are caught in the middle.

Cindi, 7 kids I feel for you. You must have you hands really full, Hats off to you!

I am 37, too. I have one son that is 7 going on 30. Single mom, that is working my tail off holding down 2 jobs to make it. But it will be alright in the end. Just thought that I would stop in a say hello. Catch everyone late

sandy
Old 05-09-2004, 10:55 PM   #7  

Talking Happy Mothers Day To Us!

Hi Everybody! Just wanted to wish us all a Happy Mothers Day! So the kids and I spent the day together and ordered in, it was actually quite nice! My 3 year old had his moments, I don't know who's worse; him or the 13 year old! But it was still enjoyable, Isn't that what Mothers Day is all about?! I actually worked out a little today! My mothers day gift to myself, plus I gave my self a mani and a pedi!

I must say, I think joining this site and meeting nice people is doing me a world of good! Thanks to you!!

Luv Chunky
Old 05-09-2004, 11:50 PM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Chunky and Gigglez

Happy Mother's Day!

Mine wasn't so hot, everyone here is sick with a cold or a sore throat. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Get ready for a new week!

Later Taterz!
Cindi
Old 05-10-2004, 07:00 PM   #9  

Unhappy

Cindi,

I'm so sorry to hear that everyone is sick Even though this is a coffee smilie, let's just say I'm sending you chicken soup with a smile over the internet! Hope everyone feels better soon!
Old 05-10-2004, 09:24 PM   #10  

Hey there chickies!

First of all belated Mother's Day!!

Cindi, sorry to hear that everyone is sick in your neck of the woods! Wishing that everyone gets better soon.

Chunky, ah to get to stay in. That is a dream come true in my book. I had to work my second job yesterday so I got up at 3a.m. and didn't get back home til 6p.m. I did however, take myself out to eat.

Just wanted to check in tonight and see how everone was doing. Still tired for the weekend. Catch everyone tomorrow.

Hugs
sandy
Old 05-12-2004, 11:50 AM   #11  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Talking I think we are getting better here

My throat is better, so I don't have to eat ice cream anymore

How is everyone? Hope you are having a great week!!

I will get in some exercise today. I will, I will, I WILL!!!
Closed Thread