Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #1  

Smile PLEASE help, I need Advice

This is my very first post, and the first time i'm actually sticking to something. Its been 11 days yea! Which is really good for me because i normally only last about 2 or 3 days before i give up. I am just so sick of being fat, and i refuse to buy a size 22.So at this point i'm bearly getting into my 20's. I'm trying not to get depressed but it's happening. I think the turning point was when i accidently grabed by husbands pants size 36 and i could not button them. I just really want something that works this time. I'm trying the low carb. Its been hard but i've been doing okay. . The confusing part for me is when i buy the bread i get the regular low fat bread because on the low carb bread it say 1 slice is 8-10 carb and the regular bread is 19 to 20 carbs for 2 slices. Am i reading this wrong? And the low carb bread taste AWFUL. How often should i weigh myself? What about the low carb Russell Stoffer candy is it only 2 carbs? I guess i just really need to talk to someone that understands what i'm going thur, Thanks for listening.
SW218 CW212 GW140
-

Last edited by EvetteeJ; 04-30-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:04 PM   #2  
my dad made me1 from wood

I"m not doing low carb but I just wanted to say Hi and welcome this is a great website...... U'll find lots of support..... Good luck with ur GOAL I KNOW U CAN DO IT WE ALL CAN DO IT..... If you ever wanna chat u can pm....
Heather8) 8)8)8)
Old 04-30-2004, 07:12 PM   #3  

Thanks so much for the reply, If you ever have any suggestions let me know. Good luck with you goal.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:59 PM   #4  
Irene texas

I tried the Atkins diet and it was just to hard, all that protein etc. Plus I felt ill on it. Although I guess it is working for lots of folks. I am now on the New Weight Watchers point system. And it is working well as you can eat anything you want, just don't go over your allowed points. I have 30 points, and I save 3 points for a whole bag of microwave popcorn at night. You know those munchies can wreck a diet. At Sam's yesterday I discovered that Weight watchers new cook book has the whole diet in it, points for food and everything. It would save everyone a lot of money not to join, but just do it on your own, which is what I am doing. I am not hungry, and if you play it cool and save the some points by not eating a whole lot in the day, you can eat a real regular meal at night, plus not have to fix something else for the rest of the family.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:20 PM   #5  

My mother is on weight watcher and is doing pretty good i just didn't have the money to join, but i guess getting the book is a good idea. Low-carb is really hard to stick with at first but now i'm getting use to it. It just that eating the same thing all the time will get old after a while. I have been feeling a little tired, i think i need to go and get some vitamins maybe that will help. Good luck with your diet, but the way how much have you lost?
Old 05-01-2004, 07:33 AM   #6  

Default hi all

Just want to let you know about T.O.P.S. (www.tops.org) it is Take Off Pounds Sensibly. They are a non-profit weight loss support group. It is 20.00 to join and very low weekly dues (ours is .50) then we pay .10 a pound if we gain. (which i have not had to pay YEAH!! ) if you go to the web site you will see a chapter locater and find the closest one to you. The first meeting is free so you can check it out. We have contest, games, information,and most of all SUPPORT . The weekly weigh in helps you too. I am doing real well so far and know that i will succeed this time . It is a lot easier when you are not alone. Good luck to you all on whatever plan you are on.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
Closed Thread