Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 06:39 AM   #1  

Default My intro and info

Well, I figure I should start with an intro here so here goes...I am a 27 year old female living in East Texas, and I am here because I need to lose weight. I've already lost about 15 lbs, but have regained 5 over the past few months. Could be water weight, could be Taco Bell- who knows. Point is I need to be losing not gaining. I am semi-vegetarian- meaning I rarely eat meat, but I don't strictly adhere to a vegetarian diet. I am trying to slowly change my behaviors so that they will be lasting changes rather than jumping on the low carb bandwagon or whatever trends may follow.

My weaknesses are fast food and poor choices when dining out. I also do not eat nearly enough fruit. I have been concentrating most of my efforts on portion control, switching to whole grains, and finding alternative choices for my sweet tooth. I tend to eat alot at one time rather than spacing out meals as most dietitians recommend so there is another weakness. Unfortunately my sleeping habits are not terribly conducive to maintaining a real good eating schedule, but I'm working on it.

I plan to start becoming more active now that it's warmer outside, but have yet to do that so far. Maybe I can start walking with my husband again if I can get my sleep situation straightened out soon. My husband has lost around 50 pounds over several months and looks great. Now it's my turn.

That's about all I can think of about me, but if you have any questions just ask.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #2  

Default Hi!

Hi Hamsandwich

I'm Aria and I'm also new here.
I try to lose about 25 pounds and I have started- seriously this time- yesterday,after all this Easter eating..

I've just kept myself from eating orange cake and baklava (I just closed the door of the fridge with courage even though I was exhausted from work!!) and I feel very proud of it!!!

If you need any support I'm here for you, feel free to send me a PM.

Have a nice day
Ariadne
Closed Thread