Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 11:21 AM   #1  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Red face Newbie in need!!

Hello,

I am Cindi, 37, mom to 7, who is inadvertantly trying to kill herself!! I am Type 2 Diabetic with Hypothyroidism and lately I seem to be living on the worst possible junk foods. Not even food, but candy, cookies and ice cream daily. I am at my highest weight ever, except for pregnancy and I feel so out of control. I don't know why I do the things I do, so I don't know how to stop.

This seems like a wonderful support group, so I am hoping that my new friends can help to get me going and help me stay on track. I just don't know how to beat this on my own. Any advice would be SOOOO appreciated.

Looking forward to getting to know my new friends!!

Blessings Always,
Cindi
Old 03-27-2004, 03:29 PM   #2  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

mom to 7? that is one of the strongest things i have ever heard a woman say she has done. I hope you find your solution. maybe think in terms of a lifestyle change. how are you cooking? i.e get rid of the fat, lower the meat, and potato and up the veggies. start slow. you can do it and the women in this board are so helpful. i hope you find your support. welcome.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:37 PM   #3  
Firefly

Hi Cindi and welcome. A mom to 7 - that's quite an accompishment and you should be very proud! I think that it is a step in the right directiont that you can identify what it is that you need to improve on. Let me know what I can do to help!
Cindy
Old 03-27-2004, 04:13 PM   #4  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I have 7 kids, ages 18 to 18 mos and I would like to be around to see ALL of them grown up with families of their own.

I think I need to get hard and heavy into exercising, I seem to eat better automatically when I do that. I have started today with drinking more water and trying to make some better food choices, I am just not sure how to change my eating habits to work for me.

Thanks for the welcomes so far. I am feeling better that I finally stopped lurking and decided to post, maybe that will make me accountable for a change!!
Old 03-27-2004, 05:01 PM   #5  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Bigtimeloser, glad that you feel welcome. i do think that it helps to have these wonderful women here to help, and you already have proven that your strong. How else do you do what you do? My 2 make me wanna cry some days. perhaps you need to realize your own importance, and act upon it. Sounds like you are already on your way. best of luck to you. and please, please tell me how do you achieve peace in your house? My kids are always fighting a 3 year old girl, and her 9 year old brother. share your tips please.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:38 AM   #6  

Bigtimelosser.....first of all change your name..it denote failure...and your not ..you are probably one of the most loving people your friends know..second remember you gained weight 1 day at a time....now you have to lose it 1 day at a time...good luck i know you can do it jumbo shrimp
Old 03-30-2004, 02:08 PM   #7  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Talking

Jumbo Shrimp,

I was really thinking that my name was motivational, I want to be a big time loser one day. But I see your point and will think up something better...any ideas???

Thanks for the welcome!!
Old 03-30-2004, 06:11 PM   #8  

Default A new name?

What comes to mind is "miracle worker" 7 between the ages of 18 yrs and 18mos. I had 3 boys in 5 yrs and pretty much did in me, my body and my mind But on the serious side. This is the right place to come for support. You will find inspiration and compassion, knowledge and comradery (sp?) I also have type II and have been on meds for yrs and have said those same dreadful words "I am killing myself" my mom had the same thing and was dead at 49. Only got to see 2 of her 6 grandchildren. The most wonderful, funny, generous woman and gone so early in life. Yet I still put junk in my mouth. I want to see my grandchildren. (and you have many to look forward to someday, though I'm sure that's the last thing on your mind ) My kids are 26,22 & 21. I'm only 44 but thats close to the age we lost my mom. I decided to go a more drastic route and will start medifast. I know it's drastic but I'm afraid of weight loss surgery, but after 10 yrs I'm close to going on insulin....NO WAY! not if I can help it. I had to do that during one of my pregnancies...NO FUN! So I have to try. It's sounds like you are on the right track. Water and exercise are fundimental. Make small changes at first. Cut out the junk and concentrate on healthy choices rather than cutting back. Too many drastic changes at once can send you into a binge. I know that sounds hypocritical considering the drastic measures I'm taking but I need to do something soon because of my health. I had a drug saturation last yr and things are getting bad.
so now that I've rambled, I wish you and success on your journey towards your new healthy life. The younger you are the easier it is.

Hope to hear from you again soon.
ttyl, Donna
Old 03-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #9  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I guess we all get to that point where we realize we just HAVE to do something now, no other options are available. My point came today when I took my fasting blood sugar and it was 235 and my 2 hour was 315!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to the doc and she adjusted my meds again, but I know how bad I have been, so I have to make some changes NOW. I agree with the small changes and not cutting back too much, I always want what I can't have!! It's all in my mind, I know, but it still ruins me everytime. I did shots while PG and honestly I didn't mind it, and did so much better than I do with pills. NO meds would be the way to go, and my doc said that I can have that if I am willing to work for it. So, here I am and I can do this!!

Thanks for the support!! Good luck with the Medifast, Donna, I will be cheerin ya on here!!! That is extreme, but extreme times call for extreme measures. You can do it!!!

Cindi
Old 03-31-2004, 09:44 AM   #10  

Default i have the perfect name for you

hi cindi
how about Lucky 7 that denotes success which you already are you just need someone to tell you that and then you have to believe it you go cindi jumbo shrimp
Closed Thread