Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

View Poll Results: I HIT THIS BY ACCIDENT....LOL
HMMM WHAT TO WRITE..... 0 0%
DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THIS... 0 0%
SORRY 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:51 PM   #16  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

The scale didn't move for me for about 3 weeks when I started, then someone told me to count my calories and kick my workout up a notch. So I did, and I dropped 3 pounds in about 4 days! I know it's different for everyone, and since it doesn't look like you're eating too many calories (though you might want to measure and count for a day or two, just because it's incredibly revealing), and since you have asthma, you have to take these things at your own pace. Don't get too discouraged about it though... think of this phase as "preparation" or "learning." It takes a while to find the right combination. Tweak things one at a time, and you will eventually find out what works for you.
~Elisha
Old 03-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #17  

Hey MissElisha,
Why don't you join us with sharing menu and tips??? Great job with your weight loss!!

Layna,
Your salad sounds soooo yummy!
My new low fat salad for a snack is a few baked lays crumbled with lettuce, tomato and any other mexican food veggies you like) with salsa as a topping. Salsa is great and so good for you If i want to make it my meal i add fat free refried beans. YUM!
Have you taken your measurements? Muscle weighs much more than fat so you may be adding muscle and losing fat. When i was 165 I was a size 6, no one could believe how much i weighed because i was so small.
Have you added in weights at all? Lean muscle is what makes your metabolism go up so I would go for it!!!

I have execise induced asthma. My brother has horrible asthma and as a child was admitted into the hospital at least 2 times every winter he is beter at controlling it as an adult but being in a house with cats or cigarette smoke sends him to the hospital still

On the bright side, I hit my 10 pound mark and won my first prize. (I am getting a prize every 10 pounds) after my goal I will win a big big shopping spree!
I bought a portable MP3 player for walks/runs! It is great, it has an arm band so i don't even have to carry it!!!!!!

here's my menu from yesterday...I have been craving snack food and gave in and had a handful of skittles at my moms house last night, I have done so well though that i am not worried about a few skittles.

Breakfast:
oat ceral with a banana and skim milk

Snack:
apple, one dunkin munchkin (my husband left it in my car!!)

Lunch: Taco salad (like above with refried beans)

Snack: skittles

Dinner: macaroni and bean soup YUM!

I had all of my water (in the form of Crystal Light)

and speed walked for 25 minutes.

keep up the good work!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:00 PM   #18  
LAYNA

Talking

Thanks Elisha!! and way to go~~ you are doing great!! why dont you join us!!

CONGRATS!!!! on your 1st 10lbs !!! GREAT JOB!!

ok so today i did a little better (i think)

breakfast - o.j
slice 7 grain bread with natural peanut butter

snack - van. yougurt

lunch - moringstar chicken nuggets (4)
fruit 2 0

snack - strawberry yogurt

dinner: slice pizza and small salad

I tried to add a little more - i have to sit and put a menu together -

do you think i should make myself eat more even if i am not hungry?? ( so i can get the calories i need?????)

well my nieces are here so i must get going!! busy busy busy!!!

talk to ya'll later!!
allena

Last edited by layna; 03-26-2004 at 07:01 PM. Reason: oops
Old 03-27-2004, 12:19 AM   #19  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

I'd be ashamed to post my menu next to yours! I feel like I'm eating so much!
I am, I guess, but my whole strategy is not to cut anything out, just to cut everything back. It's actually fairly easy, considering I'm used to eating a lot of everything. So now I just have a little of everything, and I end up with a lot less calories. I counted calories for a few days, just to see what I was getting, and I was amazed at how many calories were in foods I had always thought of as healthy.

I will say this: the best weight loss strategy I have found so far is just paying attention to my body. I have a saying, "listen to your body; it knows what it needs," and I posted it all over my house. I realized that our bodies WANT to be healthy, and they know how to be healthy, we just have to shut up our minds and emotions and let them do what they know how to do. Everyone's body is different, so I'm not going to say "eat more of this, or less of that," because what works for me may not work for you. I will say that you should be aware of how your body reacts to different foods. I wanted to try a low-carb diet, but I figured out that I eat less and stay fuller longer by adding some carbs (e.g. 1 slice of toast with my scrambled egg in the morning lasts longer than either 2 slices of toast w/egg or egg alone). I also figured out that diet soda just makes me crave more diet soda, which makes me crave other things as well (usually starch and sugar).

And about the hating water thing... you think that now. Try drinking water for just a few days. When you go back to diet soda it will be WAY too sweet and even slightly nauseating, and you'll want water. But don't go back to the soda, or it becomes a viscious cycle (I speak from experience on that one!). Of course, as I'm typing this, there's a Diet Pepsi sitting right here. I'm trying to limit myself to one per day.

And remember--you don't have to like it, you just have to do it.

~Elisha
Old 03-30-2004, 08:04 PM   #20  
LAYNA

Red face

Ok well I finally figured out why i have not been feeling well...

I have been in such pain and just found out on Monday that I have gallstones and and having my gallbladder removed this thursday!!

I have lost 5lbs since saturday - which is not good the way I lost it but hey its something...lol

I probably wont be on here for a few days - but please be here when i get back!!! I need you guys!!

Have a Great week and i will talkto you all soon!!!

~~~ allena ~~~~
Old 04-01-2004, 03:19 PM   #21  

I was just browsing and I saw hot mama's comment about drinking 2 liters of Diet Coke in place of water. I don't want to sound all holier than thou, but that stuff is actually pretty bad for you with the artificial sweeteners.

Here's a link to the book I read about this. Aspertame is the ingredient that you have to watch out for and its in all the Diet soft drinks and NutraSweet, Equal, and other artificial sweeteners. This stuff has been linked to brain tumors, MS, and other neurological problems. Some doctors have gone as far as calling it an epidemic.

http://www.healthpress.com/excitotoxins.html

I just wanted to share this info with all of you! It really sucks that something that helps us lose weight actually attacks our brain
Old 04-01-2004, 04:07 PM   #22  
Changing the things I can

Lightbulb Wow...

You know, I never knew that about the MS and brain tumors... How horrible! I use Splenda in my coffee, but I guess it's about 6 tsp. per day.... I've been drinking 2 L a day, but water! Makes me at least get up & WALK to the bathroom!!!!
Thanks for the info...
Stefanie
Closed Thread