Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 12:25 PM   #1  
Told I have a pretty face

Wink Singles Supporting Singles

Hi There,

First let me start by saying "I've done this before" Actually I've tried to do both before. I've tried to lose weight and I've tried to start a thread for Singles. This is not to say that married people are not welcome. However, I'm hoping this will provide support, friendship and most of all a sense of belonging for single people trying to make it in a "happy couple" world.

I live in Tennessee, I just turned 34 I have never been married and I've never come close. I have (gulp) 60 pounds to lose. To make my singledom even more "typical" I have 2 cats

I work in a very stressful job environment, come home alone to the cats, and eat!! I do try to work out but that needs an overhaul as well. I have been heavy all of my life and truly believe that is one of the major problems I have in meeting "that right person"

So there you have it. Me in a nutshell ('cause i'm a nut )
If you wanna join so we can support each other..I'd be honored.

LA
Old 03-07-2004, 12:38 PM   #2  
stbakd

hi la. i am single also and need to 140. i'll be 50 this year
i don't have any pets. maybe when i lose the lbs i'll find a girlfriend
glen
Old 03-07-2004, 01:11 PM   #3  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

hi i'm single and have been for ages should be under 200 but around 234 my life is totally dedicated to playing watchign and coaching rugby i have no confidence in women at all after a bad split over a year ago i'm only 22 but crippled in the emotional side of my brain
Old 03-07-2004, 07:57 PM   #4  

woo hoo!!! that's the way to do it. Welcome to you gentlemen. Wow, I'm surrounded by hunks. I never realized guys felt about their weight the way women do lol
Well, I'm looking forward to posting with you all.

I ate horribly today but I'm still hanging in there. I've packed my bags to go to the gym tomorrow!!! Anywho, I am so happy to meet you both. Anyone else out there? Come join us.

LA
Old 03-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello,

Fellow single girl here. La, you sound just like me except that I am 36 and have 20 more pounds than you to lose I have never even come close to being married and I know it's the stupid weight that is preventing me from meeting Mr. Right (if he even exists) I don't like that the world is this way, but I guess I can understand.

I have no cats but I do have a dog.

But I am trying to lose. I just joined a gym and I am trying to go 5 times a week. I am still trying to get the eating under control.

Slimmings, you are so young. I hope in time you will get over the bad breakup you had. Just keep in mind that all women aren't bad. Most of us are pretty great.

Lynn
Old 03-07-2004, 10:00 PM   #6  

welcome lynn.

I agree, most of us gals are pretty awesome

It's going to be a fun thread.

By the way, if any of you want to pm message me...I love those too
Old 03-07-2004, 10:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey gang. LA told me she started this thread, so I thought I'd drop in. I've known LA for a while & we posted on the old thread together. We've kept in touch even though the thread died down.

I'm 32, SINGLE, never married, no pets. I live in Texas. At this point, I probably need to lose 80-90 pounds. I've lost it before, but slowly gained most of it back.

I work long hour & have a heck of a commute to work, so exercise just doesn't hit my radar. I know all the things to do, but am just too tired to do them.

I ate horribly this weekend. Spent Friday night watching movies & eating pizza, Saturday night at a hockey game drinking beer. Today, I've just been a bum. I can usually do well during the week, but the weekends are just tough.

Anyway, I hope this thread stays really active & we can offer lots of support to each other.

Have a great week!
Old 03-11-2004, 08:23 PM   #8  
LAYNA

Wink Hello!!

Hey Everyone!!

Well I Think This Is For Me - I Am 23 Years Old And About A Yr Ago Now I Had A Bad Break Up Ewith My Fiance Of 2yrs ( We Dated For 6 Total) Too Much Mental Abuse In That Relationship....

When I First Began Dating The "***" I Was 17 And 160lbs... Very Happy At That Weight... As We Got Further Into The Relationship I Gained 70lbs Over The 6years... Ouch!! That Was A Big Slap In The Face... Ecspecially Since I Thought He Was "the One" - Oh Yeah ~ Well Now I Am Fat And Single And Hating It!! I Am Becomming More And More Depressed Everyday - And Its Not Good... I Want To Again Be That 160lbs... I Know It Is Going To Take A Lot Of Work -- And I Know I Can Do It - I Just Need That Support!!!

Hopefully You Guys Can Help Me Out - And I Hope To Do The Same!!

Layna

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME ANYTIME - I CHECK IT EVERYDAY!! [email protected]

Last edited by layna; 03-11-2004 at 08:27 PM. Reason: ...
Old 03-11-2004, 10:10 PM   #9  

welcome layna!!!

We are so glad to have you with us. I hope we can give you as much support you can need. Just remember, we have to do this for us. Yes, we'll fall short sometimes but we can't stay down. We'll be here for you. Keep checking in.

LA
Old 03-14-2004, 07:14 PM   #10  

Hey there Kids,

How are you all doing? I am doing pretty good. I went yesterday and did the worst thing a fat chick can do: I tried on pants I am more resolved than ever to lose weight. I lost 20 pounds last year and have gained half of that back :/

So here we do again. Starting tomorrow I'm going to go back on WW. I have to lose weight. I am not a young girl anymore I just have to lose weight. So, we're gonna try..try again. I am positive it's time. I like WW, it's an easy plan. So why not?

Well, check in and let me know how you all are doing.
Jenjen and I are going to be in the 3fc chat room Monday night. Hope to talk to you all there.

LA
Old 03-15-2004, 06:59 AM   #11  

HI,

It is so easy as a single not to even bother to cook a meal. I might grab a yogurt or eat nothing at all. I know not eating is as bad as eating the wrong things so I am trying to change. I was married, weighed more on my wedding day than I did when I divorced him (almost 10 years ago), now I don't want a relationship - too scared I guess. I could use to lose 100 lbs. but I am taking it 10 lbs at a time.

I decided to get my life back, do my walking tapes, drink my water, and try to eat three healthy meals a day. Slowly I will add more as I get better at these three things. I am so tired of having no energy and being out of breath doing the simple things. DM
Old 03-17-2004, 12:48 AM   #12  
One Hot Hen

Angry Yippie...A Single Thread

I'm new here on the boards, etc. Wanted to find out how singles connect on the board so I did a search and found your thread.

Single and thirtysomething. Looking to hook up with some lifestyle buddies. My diet philosophy is not to diet. I'm trying to eat a normal balanced d**t, drink A LOT of water and walk. I've lost like 50 pounds and have kept it off, but I've been at this set-point weight for awhile. It's like the scale hates me . Anyways, I just decided that I have to kick up the exercise. Just started that...so the verdict is not out yet.

I really want to keep my weight off, so if I lose weight slow I really don't mind because I don't want to have to keep fighting this battle.

Thanks for this thread. I look forward to making some new friends.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:56 AM   #13  
One Hot Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard2lose
Hi There,

So there you have it. Me in a nutshell ('cause i'm a nut )
If you wanna join so we can support each other..I'd be honored.

LA
Me in a nutshell...one of my favorite jokes.

LA you're
Old 03-17-2004, 01:37 AM   #14  

I'm 34 (still single) and just realized today that I way the same as I did almost 11 years ago when I gave birth to my son...(wholly cow...literally). I have gained 45 lbs over the last two years. I have been in a relationship with a really great guy and I guess I let my guard down (not to mention the refrigerator door open). I am back on track now. I am trying to eat healthy and I joined Curves. I know it is going to take a while and there are no quick fixes for what I have done to my body. I am hoping that with all the support on this board I can actually make it.

Thanks for listening to my ramble and good luck to everyone here.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:41 AM   #15  

Default Me too....me too!

Hey all...

Thanks for starting this thread. It's hard, sometimes, being a single person in a "couple's and families" world. BUT...there are some great things about being single too!

I'm 33, single, had a couple of relationships that I thought were "IT", so I'm not so sure that my head and heart know what they are doing these days. Better to just take my time and be happy where I am in life. I believe that it will happen if it's suppose to happen. If not...well....I'll figure that out later

So...what "plans" are you all following? I'm doing my own thing right now. Cutting back on the processed foods and trying to make healthier choices. I have found that (believe it or not) what they say about sugar being addictive is true. I do not crave it as much as I used to. That's one GREAT thing that has happened in the past few weeks.

I try to keep the starches and empty carb calories to a minimum and have been snacking on things like pistachios, mixed nuts (in moderation), oranges, bananas, etc. I am eating more vegetables than I used to. I eat more protein and lean meats...haven't had pasta in three weeks.

So..there's my plan in a nutshell....it's not hard to follow because I eat when I'm hungry and don't obsess about portions.

So..what are you all doing?

Have a great day everyone!

Michelle
Closed Thread