Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 06:16 PM   #31  
Bonksmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett
Hi all, I am single too and trying to lose weight. Seems like I've tried everything. If I don't see some results in the first week I give up and have a binge. Obviously that's not good. I bought Jorge Cruise 8 Minutes in the Morning book last week and today is my first day trying it. Hopefully this will be the answer for me. I also go to curves, but have been slacking off there lately (not seeing results), but I'm going to improve on that as well. I have two pets, a dog and a cat and they are both single too.

What time do you all meet for chat?
Janett, Hi! My name is Debby (bonksmom) I have tried Jorge Cruise's 8 Minutes in the Morning and was doing great!! It was not hard and by the end of the month I was increasing my weights and had more energy and lost around 20 lbs. I then went on vacation (of course lol) and never could get back into the groove. But come Monday June 7, 2004 I am starting my 8 mm again. I am going to stick to it this time too. Try it and you will like it. My doctor is the one who told me about it and it does work. But when my work hours went up so early I was having to get up at 4:00 am to do them, it just didn't work for me. So as you can tell from my other posts I am going to 2nd shift 3:30 pm to midnight so I can do my 8mm and walk in the mornings before work. Good Luck!! Debby
Old 05-31-2004, 06:19 PM   #32  
Bonksmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisertime
Hi everyone,

Glad to see the responses!!! Welcome everyone.

LA, I know this is easier said than done but don't be so hard on yourself. I know this is hard but (I can't beleive I am saying this) it does get a little easier as you go along. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. During my teens and twenties I fantasized about losing weight, being thin and all that. Now, at 36 something finally clicked. I haven't been at this weight since I was 18!!! Just don't give up on yourself ok? You have to keep trying until you find what will work for you.

My weakness was (still is) sugar. But I have to say since I have cut out a lot of that out I don't crave it like I used to. Sure, I do get cravings and if I feel I'll die without it I'll go to the local 7-11 and buy a single serving of something. A year ago I would but a whole 1/2 gallon of ice cream or a box of Drakes cakes. For me, keeping that stuff out of the house has helped a lot. I find little things like that really help.

Are you following any kind of plan? Or do you do your own thing?

I'll have to check out the chat room sometime. I've never been in there.

Spot, 60 is definitely not old! Bonks, how hot is it down there? I am in CT and we are just starting to have nice weather here. A couple of days have hit 80 but otherwise it has been cool. But I know those hot, humid (yuck) days are right around the corner

Everyone have a great week, and keep up the good work. Talk to ya later.

Lynn

Hi Lynn, it has been running in the 90's already, hot and humid. It will get even hotter. The other night I tried to walk at 7:00 and it was still in the 90's
so it is just too hot for me to do it. If I can go in the mornings it is much cooler, and I am not as tired as when I work all day and then try to walk.

Spot, 60 is still young!!! In fact the closer I get to 60 the younger it seems lol.
Good Luck everyone Debby
Old 05-31-2004, 09:27 PM   #33  
Told I have a pretty face

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is how a message board is supposed to look. We're doing great, supporting, chatting, laughing, crying. Grab hands everybody and sing with me "WE ARE THE WORLD...WE ARE THE CHILDREN"
As for myself, I am certainly enjoying reading your posts. I am getting mucho enjoyment out of reading them. I like being heard, jenjen will tell you that (if she were to read this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))

Anywho, bonks...your son is 30? and single? and live in Southeast TN. Does he enjoy incredibly beautiful, slightly ditzy, exciting, plump effervescent women?!?! If so, let me know and i'll see if I can find him one har har har

isn't that dancing banana the cutest little thing?!?!!

Amy, I got your pm, expect a reply soon.

Also, I'm making up a chat time (jenjen and I have already chatted because I had to tell her about how I hated my job) but how about we say This week....at 9 p.m. est? I have a class Wednesday (I'm going back to school ) so I won't be free until then.

Anyway ladies (and gentleman) keep up the good work.

LA
Old 05-31-2004, 10:06 PM   #34  
Bonksmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghard2lose
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is how a message board is supposed to look. We're doing great, supporting, chatting, laughing, crying. Grab hands everybody and sing with me "WE ARE THE WORLD...WE ARE THE CHILDREN"
As for myself, I am certainly enjoying reading your posts. I am getting mucho enjoyment out of reading them. I like being heard, jenjen will tell you that (if she were to read this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)))

Anywho, bonks...your son is 30? and single? and live in Southeast TN. Does he enjoy incredibly beautiful, slightly ditzy, exciting, plump effervescent women?!?! If so, let me know and i'll see if I can find him one har har har

isn't that dancing banana the cutest little thing?!?!!

Amy, I got your pm, expect a reply soon.

Also, I'm making up a chat time (jenjen and I have already chatted because I had to tell her about how I hated my job) but how about we say This week....at 9 p.m. est? I have a class Wednesday (I'm going back to school ) so I won't be free until then.

Anyway ladies (and gentleman) keep up the good work.

LA
LA, LOL I'm not sure but you can check him out at, well I was going to give you his web address but they won't let me type a link. He has lots of cool stuff on there, lol . Anyways, what day did you say this chat would be and how does it work because I have NEVER used chat online before, too shy and usually don't have a lot to say, but this is one chat I would like to be involved in too. Well, tomorrow is another day. Did everyone read WORD 1 OF 20 WORDS TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE? Will do WORD 2 tomorrow lol. Bye for now Debby PS. I just love these Smilies they are sooooo cool lol
Old 05-31-2004, 10:36 PM   #35  
Bonksmom

Default Day 2 Of 20 Words That Can Change Your Life

"IMAGINE Your imagination has no boundaries. As children we pretend, but as we grow up we gradually lose our appreciation for daydreaming. 'Every so often, I let my imagination run wild,' says Vicki Inman of West Point, NY. "By thinking about a fantasy vacation or new career, I visualize what I can accomplish. I think that dreaming about something is the first step toward achieving it.' "

Tomorrow I will use my imagination to see myself as a slim person. How much easier things will be for me and how much better I will feel. Join me in this day dream tomorrow as we all see how we can look and fill at our goal weight.

Have a great day all
Debby (Bonksmom)

Last edited by Bonksmom; 05-31-2004 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typos and formatting
Old 06-01-2004, 06:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi All,

I daydream every single day!!! You name it - I dream about it.

Lynn
Old 06-01-2004, 10:09 PM   #37  
Bonksmom

Default Word 3 of 20 Words that can change your life

LAUGH...." 'Laughter is a direct route to the soul. It broadens your perspective, keeps you healthy, and makes an unbearable situation easier to deal with,' says Joel Goodman. Ed.D., director of The Humor Project, Inc. in Saratoga Springs, NY. Learn a few jokes to tell your kids, hang up your favorite cartoons or call an old friend and relive a funny moment you've shared."

Two asparagus are walking down the road when one is hit by a car. The other goes in the ambulance with his friend, sits in the emergency room, waits for some news. A doctor comes to him. "I have good news and bad news. The good news - he'll make a full recovery.

The bad news - he'll be a vegetable for life."

Sorry.....this was the best I could find on short notice. Laugh and the world laughs with you... Have a good one Debby
Old 06-01-2004, 10:37 PM   #38  
Samantha

Hey!

My name is Sam (Samantha). I am 23, and have a lot of weight to lose. I am single, and have been single since January. So far, I hate it. I've only ever dated this one guy, and it was for 5 years...all my college career. This whole "meet new guys" thing isn't really my cup of tea - but what else are you gonna do, right?

I feel, no, I know that I was in a huge rut with him. He never really said anything about my weight unless I brought it up, and I felt like I was going to marry him, so I never felt that I needed to change anything - I'd already found "the one" so as long as he was ok with it, why should I change?

So, here I am, 6 months later, finding that most guys my age are still in this like, superficial annoying stage where the "perfect" girl is quantified not by her genuine qualities, but rather by her measurements (I will forever hate the song "Brickhouse" for its' 36-24-36 reference). While I do not feel that I want to marry, or even date, someone who only finds me attractive because of my physical attributes, I am finding that the majority of the men (boys?) I am meeting are not even interested in looking past my exterior to see what I am on the inside.

Anyway, I guess I'm rambling now. This is my first post here - Just a little about myself. I am looking forward to meeting some new people on here, and making friends with people who understand my frustration with clothing stores for plus size people who only offer tank tops and skin tight clothing.

Hope to talk to you guys soon!

Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow (Any other SNL fans? )

Sam
Old 06-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #39  

Hello,

Sam, I love SNL. Though I didn't watch as much this season as I have in the past. I will try to catch reruns this summer though.

And yes, I know how you feel about the clothing stores. Sometimes it's like "I would not be caught dead in that"!!! But you just have to look a little harder.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, Will post more tomorrow.

Lynn
Old 06-01-2004, 11:11 PM   #40  
Bonksmom

Default New Help! WEB MD

Thought that I would let everyone know that WEB MD has started a new program "12 weeks to a new you" today, it is another diet and weight loss type program, kinda like this, they have a Dr. that is hosting this 12 week program and it begins today. Check it out, I'm hoping both sites will boost my chances of success!!!
Have a good one
Debby
Old 06-02-2004, 09:12 PM   #41  
Bonksmom

Default Word 4 of 20 Words that can change your life

BELIEVE....Tell yourself you will succeed at the whatever you're doing at the moment. Troiani suggests setting your mind to predict success. "Convince yourself good things will happen today and they will. If you tell yourself you can't possibly achieve your goals, you won't," she says.

I believe with my whole heart that this time I am going to lose my weight and become a healthier person. (even if it kills me LOL)
Old 06-03-2004, 09:35 PM   #42  
Bonksmom

Default Word 5 of 20 Words to change your life

SEEK......It's risky to say you don't know something, but finding your way is half the lesson. Allow yourself to grow by exposing your vulnerability and insecurity. Skip the safe chitchat and take a chance in conversations. Travel somplace new. Don't live strictly inside your comfort zone. Don't play it safe.

I think these "words" are helping me to look inside myself. I hope this has not turned people off to posting.... I noticed no one has posted the last couple of days. Anyways, hope all are doing good. I plan to seek my way into some new situations. To seek answers to my diet dilemmas. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Debby
Old 06-04-2004, 10:12 PM   #43  
Bonksmom

Default Where Has Everybody Gone??????

Hey! Where has everybody gone???? Well, Hope I haven't scared everyone away. Seems like no one has posted since I came on board. LOL Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend. I have set my Diet and Exercise program start date as Monday June 7, wish me luck!

Word 6 of 20 Words that can change your life...PLAY...As adults, we can always find something that needs to be done at work or around the house and we forget how to have fun. Every week Pat Stoler of Bloomington, MN makes a conscious effort to take time off - whether it's to talk to her daughter, build a sandcastle or take a walk. Afterward she is refreshed and able to think more clearly, she says.

This weekend remember to PLAY and relax some.

HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:43 AM   #44  

Hi all,

No, I don't scare that easily Debby!

Congrats on your plan. What kind of plan will you be following? I had a bad eating day yesterday. I have been doing really well but once in a while I go off my plan. I will just go right back on today. No worries.

You are right though, this thread is getting awfully quiet. LA??? I think summer has something to do with it as another thread that I joined has gotten quiet also.

Well, everyone have a great weekend. Debby, keep us updated on your progress and

Lynn
Old 06-05-2004, 05:50 PM   #45  
Bonksmom

Default Diet Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisertime
Hi all,

No, I don't scare that easily Debby!

Congrats on your plan. What kind of plan will you be following? I had a bad eating day yesterday. I have been doing really well but once in a while I go off my plan. I will just go right back on today. No worries.

You are right though, this thread is getting awfully quiet. LA??? I think summer has something to do with it as another thread that I joined has gotten quiet also.

Well, everyone have a great weekend. Debby, keep us updated on your progress and

Lynn

LOL Ok...I am beginning my diet, and will be trying to follow the DASH Diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) It is recommended by the American Heart Association and my doctor said that it is a close to a diebetic diet as you can get. I like it because you use regular food...not "diet" food. You determine your weight and it tells you how many calories to consume to maintain or 500 less calories to lose 1 lb a week or so. Anyway, it tells you how many servings of protein, carbs, fat, veggies, fruit and dairy you can have in a day. When the servings are full you quit!!! Anyway, I started it in April but then went on vacation and didnt keep up with it. I lost about 7 lbs fairly quickly but then I went back to my sweets and late night snacks. Beginning Monday I will be working 3:30 to midnight so I am hoping that the nighttime snacks will be a thing of the past, can't eat when you are talking on phone all night lol. These hours will also allow me to get up and do my 8 minutes in the morning weight training exercises and allow me to begin walking at our park again. Wish me luck and I will be needing all the support I can get. I am excited about this right now, which means I will do good as long as I can stay excited! Well, have a great weekend. Debby
Closed Thread