Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 01:45 PM   #1  
Keep up the PMA!!

Angry I'm new here!

Hello everyone,

I was looking for a place to find support, and to just talk about what is going on in my life. I'm 26yrs old - and I've been overweight for most of that time. In highschool - I crash dieted and lost 50lbs in 3 months and was the thinnest I have ever been in my entire life weight 138. I'm currently 223 - a pretty big difference!! I suppose the years can do that - and just plain not paying attention. I started college and got a little lazy, not as active as I had been - by the time I was 21 I had packed on enough to be back around 190ish. In 2000 I was in a car accident, and I injured my ankle pretty badly. It took nearly three years, and several operations to get it back to working!! If you've ever broken a leg bone and had to walk after being in a cast for months and months - you can understand learning how to walk again is a hard task!! My last surgery was August of 2002 - I was up and walking around by November - but it was a tough task - I was still icing my ankle in March and April of 2003. I didnt actually start walking walking on it until July 2003 - and then I walked 0.7 of a mile and was hurting! My calves hurt so bad from being so out of shape - it was miserable - but I was proud that I had at least been able to walk it! Since then I had been working out off and on - mostly using a non-impact eliptoglide. I dont know exactly how much I weighed - I avoided scales like the plague!

But I finally got serious and December 1st I started conciously watching what I put in my mouth - I was determined NOT to diet - I was going to make some serious lifestyle changes!! I tipped the scales to 245 when I weighed myself! I wasn't even wearing jeans because of how fat I felt - I would wear baggy t-shirts and sweats or stretch pants.

Well it's now March 5th - and I have managed to workout 5x's a week and my cardio is up to 45mins!! I can even walk nearly 3 miles in that time!!!! My ankle will still bug me after too much walking so I only do that once a week or so. I haven't been as faithful to my weight lifting routine - which I was doing 3 times a week in addition to my cardio. I'm trying to be better about that! really I am!

I've noticed alot of difference in how my clothes fit, and how I feel in the past three months, but I think I'm hitting the point of depression - where I feel I shall always be overweight!! I know I have lost 22 pounds - and I've changed my body composition quite a bit - I can see muscle in my legs and arms now! I actually have something resembling a waist back - and I bought a pair of jeans the other day!! Size 16 - but I felt good nonetheless!

I just can't believe how far I let myself go before I started doing something - I'm trying my hardest to keep my optimism up and to keep going for it!!

I think your boards are pretty terrific - and from some of the stories I've been reading - you guys are amazing!! Congrats to all of you who have kept up the weight loss for so long!!

Thanks for giving me a place to come and talk!

~D~
Old 03-05-2004, 04:49 PM   #2  
clasparm

D,

I wrote you a big reply, but accidently did it under my thread. Sorry, Im not as good as I need to be with the message boards yet. Hope you can check out my reply and have a great Friday night!!

Clasparm
Closed Thread