Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 08:57 AM   #1  

Angry 50lbs to lose and need a buddy!

Hello! I am a 29 year old stay at home mom who has had two babies in the past two years and I have the pounds to prove it!! I am only 5ft tall but I am currently 175lbs and a size 18-- only five and a half years ago when I got married I was 130lbs and a size 6/8. I wasn't a stick figure at that weight since I'm so short and I would love to get ANYWHERE EVEN CLOSE TO THAT weight again. Funny thing is that I have a friend who is the same weight and clothing size as me but she's 5'8" and 175 looks A WHOLE LOT better on her body than it does on mine. I can't even stand to look in the mirror right now-- she looks like a queen and I look like a bowling ball.

I have had as Oprah would call it an "Aha" moment in the past week-- I saw pictures of myself at my 2 yr old's party and I was like who is that FAT LADY with my kid??? I started doing Weight Watchers at home 8 days ago and so far have lost-- absolutely nothing!! I haven't cheated either so I'm really frustrated. I got Dr. Phil's book this weekend and I'm hoping to find some words of wisdom there.

I'm also FIGHTING MAD right now-- all weekend I had to listen to my sister who is around the same height as I am tell me about how she was SOOOO FRUSTRATED because she got on the scale a few weeks ago and GASP she was a whopping 126 pounds (!!!) and that by exercising about 20 mins a day and cutting back a little on her food she has managed to lose ten pounds in like two weeks and get down to 116!! She's lucky I didn't wring her itty bitty neck.

Sorry to be so bitter! You can see I really do need a buddy who knows what
I'm going through because I don't want to hear any more diet talk from my size 4 sister!

Sooo glad I found this site and I promise I won't be mad all the time!

Last edited by Georgia0124; 02-02-2004 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:22 AM   #2  
Student of the Hoof

Hey neighbor. I'm in GA, too. Lovely weather today, eh? I have about 55 pounds to lose, and have found this site to be invaluable. I've been here for about a year, and though last year I only lost and maintained about 20 pounds, for the first time in a LONG time, I weighed less in January than I had the previous year.

If you'd like to join us down in support groups in the Rears in Gear thread, we'd love to have you! Alternately, cruise around the site and see what group appeals to you, there's no doubt in my mind you'll find a bunch of people you can relate to. Good luck on your journey!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:17 AM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely be doing some regular cruising on this site! I found it this morning at about 5am when I woke up in a fit of tears after weighing myself and seeing that I haven't lost even one pound yet on WW. I'm doing it on my own because the meetings just aren't in our budget but I remember reading an article in Shape magazine where a woman said she was able to get a good feeling of support through online weight loss forums and so here I am! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:48 AM   #4  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

hey Ga girl.. i was born and raised there.. miss it. especially around the mountains.. nayhoo i am a sahm to 2 right now with about 50 more to lose. always around if you want someone to chat with...
Old 02-04-2004, 06:55 PM   #5  

Georgia - You HAVE got to stick with it - it really does work if you give it a chance. i read somewhere on here - that it takes 21 days for someone to break bad habits or make a change - you have 13 more days to go... Oh! By the way, I am Kim, I do weight watchers on my own also due to budget constraints - did it about 3 years ago and lost 88 pounds in one year. Unfortunately, I gained it back due to stress and just plain eating way too much! I started about 4 weeks ago and have lost 19 pounds since then. So stick with it - it WILL happen. If you want support I am here for you just drop me an email or add to here - just do NOT give up yet! Kim
Closed Thread