Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #1  
Binky Bear

Default We can be LOSERS together

Hi everyone. I am a 19 year old college student living in Nashville, but I am originally from eastern Alabama. I need to lose those last 5 pounds multiplied by 3 in order to reach my summer goal. Since I don't have a scale in my room...thank the heavens above...I could possibly weigh anywhere from 138 to 133 pounds. (Since I have been back at school the mashed potatoes with gravy are calling my name.) I will take the average and say that I currently weigh about 135 I am determined and dedicated. My only problem is getting and staying motivated. If anyone is interested, please reply...We can be LOSERS together
Old 01-19-2004, 11:17 AM   #2  

hi billinar, chequita here welcome to the site. i have not been here very long myself but it is a great site with a great bunch of people. i have alot more weight to lose than you but everyone with any amount to loose needs support. i too am in the tn area mcminnville to be exact. are you all still getting snow? i am originally from aroung tuscaloosa al. again welcome to the site.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:09 PM   #3  
Binky Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by billinar
Hi everyone. I am a 19 year old college student living in Nashville, but I am originally from eastern Alabama. I need to lose those last 5 pounds multiplied by 3 in order to reach my summer goal. Since I don't have a scale in my room...thank the heavens above...I could possibly weigh anywhere from 138 to 133 pounds. (Since I have been back at school the mashed potatoes with gravy are calling my name.) I will take the average and say that I currently weigh about 135 I am determined and dedicated. My only problem is getting and staying motivated. If anyone is interested, please reply...We can be LOSERS together
I guess it just slipped my mind to add that I am also a juvenile diabetic. I have had diabetes since 1993. It will be 11 years in June.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:58 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by billinar
I guess it just slipped my mind to add that I am also a juvenile diabetic. I have had diabetes since 1993. It will be 11 years in June.

Welcome billinar!!! I have type 1 diabetes too. I've had it since I was 8 and now I'm 32. Your health is so important, just like you are!
How many shots do you take a day? (I'm sure you know that your blood sugars can be affected by carrying around too much weight. Which is one reason I will lose these extra pounds!)
Old 01-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #5  
Binky Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinsMom
Welcome billinar!!! I have type 1 diabetes too. I've had it since I was 8 and now I'm 32. Your health is so important, just like you are!
How many shots do you take a day? (I'm sure you know that your blood sugars can be affected by carrying around too much weight. Which is one reason I will lose these extra pounds!)
I have taken 2 shots a day since I have been diagnosed. However, I check my blood sugar, on average, 7-8 times a day. The stress this semster is getting to me. My exercise is limited because of the lack of extra, extra time. I try to take the stairs or walk the hills on campus. My eating habits aren't the best either...but that is about to change.
Closed Thread