Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 03:04 AM   #1  

Talking Looking for a buddy

I'm looking for a buddy to provide support in anyway. I'm currently about 180 and I'm looking to get back down to 125. I'd like to reach this goal by end of year, the earlier the better but I seem to falter at times. It would be great to have someone to help me reach my goal and I to would like to help motivate someone as well. I would just like to have someone that is going through this and we could support each other.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:27 AM   #2  

Default buddy

I have been looking for a buddy, too. I am 25, 5'7" and 180 lbs. my first goal is 140lbs, but depending on how I look and feel I might go for 130, but no smaller. I have been down in the 120s and it just isn't pretty on me
My plan is mostly lots of excersize combined with smaller portions of healthy food, with an occational splurge. I wouldn't want to live a life with no pizza or chocolate!
Those are my biggest unhealthy food favorites, and my addiction is good coffee. I love coffee. I mix a little cinnamon in with the grounds before it brews and it is wonderful. I might try cocoa next
A few of my biggests flaws are spelling - I suck at spelling, procrastination, and sarcasm/pessimism. I honestly don't think I am a pessimist, I think I am a realist - but not everyone agrees with me.
Also, I am married - happily.
That is me, if you wanna be weight loss/excersize buddies that would be great. Lord knows I need one.
~krista
[email protected]
Old 01-11-2004, 10:25 AM   #3  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Hi, mind if i jump in and join you ladies? I need a buddy and you guys sound about right on as far as goals. I am a marrieds w/ children 30 years old. ( well soon, too soon lol ) right now i am at 193 down from 230 and am hoping to get in the range of 130-140 depending. well feel free to email me at [email protected] or find me under blugirrl under the messengers. would love to offer / trade support ect..
BB, Heather/blugirrl1
Old 01-11-2004, 03:42 PM   #4  

Hi Krista & Heather,

Thanks for responding, I think that it would be great if we could offer each other support. I try to log onto this website everyday, I notice that we are all from different time zones but I think we can still offer support. You can email me at [email protected] or we can just post it here.

To tell you guys a little bit about myself, I'm going to turn 30 next month and so a little incetive has been to drop back down to my ideal weight of 125 but that isn't going to happen by next month but I want to make it happen by end of year. I'm currently at 180 and would like to reach 160 by end of february. I've never been good at setting realistic goals so please feel free to jump in at let me know if this is not realistic. I'm single and loving it. I also tend to be sarcastic.

So lets buddy up, try to keep each other motivated. I just got back from vacation so I haven't actually started, I will be starting tomorrow 1/12. I'm going to be doing the south beach diet and exercise. I'm very addidcted to coke so thats going to be a hard one... also I will not give up white rice, it is a must for me. I'm going to probably start off with south beach phase 1 and then as I get into phase 2 or phase 3 kind of modify it to a realistic way of living for me.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:50 PM   #5  

Hi all,

My name is Michelle... I found this site a few months ago, but haven't posted until today. I seem to be in the same boat as this group. I *finally* got fed up at my highest weight (188) in mid-December. I'm resolved to make it work this time with a pretty simple plan -- eat less, exercise more. I've been cooking at home and working out about 5x/week, which is starting to work slowly but surely.

I've never been a big fast food eater or caffeine drinker, but I am a huge snacker. In the past month I've challenged myself to eat only when I'm hungry -- and not any other time. (OK, I've slipped a few times -- especially over the holidays. But who hasn't?)

I'm 5'4", and my final goal is probably a size 8 -- now I'm a size 14. I figure that's about 135lb, but the pounds matter less to me than size, blood pressure, etc.

Hello to all!! I'll be back!

Michelle
Old 01-15-2004, 10:20 AM   #6  
OnMyWayDown

Hello Ladies! I just registered and I was wondering if I could join your group here. My biggest problem is that I LOVE food. If it tastes good, Im going to eat it, all of it. I have lost 25 pounds in the past on a modified WW plan, but I have gained 10 back. To be totally honest, Im not weight fixated, I know that the weight does play a roll, but I want to be healthy and feel healthy and I dont feel that way right now. I joined WW and attended a few meetings but it really wasnt for me. The only thing they celebrated was weight loss, not accomplished goals. When I work out at the gym I build muscle quickly so the fat comes off, but weight stays. In thier eyes, I was not succeding even though I was loosing inches and getting healthier. This is why I quit the meetings, I know they work well for some people but I need support in the BIG picture, horray I lost 5 pounds but WHOO HOOO I lost 2 inches. Not only that but I know I can NEVER be thier ideal weight of 135 pounds. The smallest I have been was 160 and I wore a size 8. I was healthy, and very happy with myself at that point, but to them I would still be a failure.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #7  

your right everybody has an ideal healthy weight and no it isn't always 125lbs. or a size 2. healthy is much better than skinny. i myself have never been what most people would consider small. i have always been a very healthy overweight person and never worried about the weight until it started affecting my health and now i am determined to get my good health back and keeping it.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #8  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Talking Hello

Hello ladies,
just checking in. today has been one big belly ache day. too much water? lol. the scale has stayed the same but i did go and throw away all my older "fat" clothes so that was something. but now my closet is bare. except for the pile of pre kid jeans. amazing those have lasted 8 years now.. well i am waiting for some sunshine to get out and walk. until then i need to find something i can do in the house.
any ideas?
Closed Thread