New here....looking for support

• Hello all!!

I'm here because I'm looking for some support with my weight loss. I have lost 200lb previously with diet and exercise...it took a couple years, but was so worth the effort....going a head about 8 years, I now have chronic Achilles tenonitis, a 5 year old and cancer. The nausea that I had from chemo was unbearable and caused me to eat and eat and eat, that was the only think that made me feel good. I'm now finished chemo, and I have some really bad eating habits and about 80lbs to lose. I'm too tired to exercise right now, so I want to focus on breaking some of my bad food habits (which include late night snacking). J

I'm just looking for someone to help hold me accountable, thought her might be a great place to start!!
  • Hello there!
    I am happy to hear you are a cancer survivor! Bravo!!!! I am new here as well, and have been on keto for 9 days, and need friends and support . I have had Hashimotos since 17, am now 43, Well at 40 I gained 30 pounds from this. It is hard to do it alone without a support system or keto buddy. Anything you need, whether it's recipes, support, friendship or just to vent , I am here.

Carrie
  • I'm not yet a cancer survivor, but I'm well on my way!!! Just waiting on my radiation...please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me!!

I'm not sure why I'm finding weight loss so challenging this time around, but for some reason, I'm really struggling!!

I'm not sure what the Keto diet is.
  • WELCOME!

Your weightloss struggles may be because your body is also trying to heal itself after all the surgery/chemo. Radiation can poop you out as well. And depending on what/where, especially if you lost an organ in all of this - your body now needs to accommodate for what's missing and regain it's strength as it heals.

I am a 20+ year survivor. Give your body time to heal and rest. With the diet, maybe approach it instead as adding something that is healthy and swapping it with a food that is less. If you normally did chips, put those away and chop up some fresh veggies that snap when you bite into them. For myself, as I healed, there were so many struggles to feel good about myself when I knew my body turned on itself. I think take it slow - join in the camraderie here (it helps!), know it may take your body time, slowly make changes as dealing with cancer is a big change in body/mind/spirit. The weightloss can follow. Don't forget too if you are on any of the prednisones, that can contribute to wanting to eat ALL THE TIME (at least for me).

Good luck - stay well, stomp that nasty C to the curb and smile big, you have survived the big hurdle, five years will come soon enough to say CURED. My best to you.