Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #1  

Default Hello all! I join with a good start so far and a strong desire to keep that going.

Hello all!

I dropped 15lbs when I stopped drinking, and plan to use that success as leverage to continue getting healthier.

Adding in one habit at a time, the plan is:
Month 1: sobriety (done)
Month 2: consistent food tracking (done)
Month 3: adequate sleep (in progress)
Month 4: consistent exercise (not yet started)
Month 5+: to be determined

My goal is to be at a normal BMI, which is 144lbs. I started at 248lb and am shooting for 1lb per week rate of loss.

There are so many inspiring success stories here, and I look forward to hearing more in the future!

Cheers,
Pam
pdemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Pam and welcome! Congratulations on your successes so far.
mygoalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Pam!

Sobriety is a big one, I think. When I drink, I consistently put on weight. When I don't drink, it seems like I lose weight slowly but surely. I stopped drinking last October and I don't think I will drink again. I stopped due to a gut dysbiosis (I can't have high histamine foods/drinks and most alcoholic beverages are very high in histamines) but I don't think I'll start again even if I can. It's just empty calories.

It's so hard to get adequate sleep, isn't it? I try, also, and some days I do okay but many nights I fall short on my sleep goals.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #4  

Thanks for the responses, and WOW, EagleRiverDee, congratulations on your success so far! What an inspiration!

It's really nice to know someone else has had the same experience re: alcohol. I stopped temporarily due to medication counter-indications but the change has been so positive that never going back seems like a great idea.

Any tips that have worked for you re: sleep? I just started the no-screens-before-bed approach, but don't know yet if it's helping.
pdemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Welcome.. Congrats on the sobriety! I am not here or successful long enough to give sage advice but also have a long journey.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote