Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/204/160

Height: 5'4

Smile Ready for a lifestyle change; not just a regimen!

Hi all!

My name is Renae, and I'm a junior at the University of Michigan (go blue!!) in the marching band. I have been overweight my whole life, but I decided to make a change after my physical shape kept me from marching at any football games my freshman year. Last summer, I stuck to a diet and worked out every day and lost 30 pounds!! Not only that, but I felt great and was finally confident in how I looked and could physically perform. Unfortunately, I wasn't too successful in last year's band season either, so here I am, back at it!

I unfortunately gained back 15 pounds over the winter semester and after living in France for 2 months, but I am back to eating clean and exercising in hopes to get back to where I was and lose even more weight! I don't have the build to ever be truly "skinny," but I want to be toned, strong, and the healthiest I can be.

I don't get a lot of support from my friends; they think I don't need to diet or work out (they mean well, but I want to become my healthiest self!!!), so I'm hoping to find support here!! Sometimes it's so hard to say no to pizza and ice cream with my friends, or to get of the couch to go to the gym!!

I hope add to this community!!!

Thanks!
renaecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229

Hi Renae, also a Umich graduate, Masters in Special Ed just because I wanted it.

You're on your way and will do great!
Tibbie is offline   Reply With Quote