Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #1  

Default Hello all!

I found this forum through a Google search.

I need to lose weight... obviously, I don't think most would be here if they didn't. Though I suppose you could! I need to lose about 60-70 pounds I think. I haven't stepped on a scle in, no kidding, about 2 years so I am unsure how much I really need or want to lose. I do know I want to lose about 4 dress sizes.

I am in my early 40's (ugh that looks older in writing than in my head) and have high blood pressure. I have been married 20 years and have three kids... two sons, a daughter and a dog. We RV full-time and homeschool the kids.

I don't ever crave sugar, I like my salts. I don't smoke but I do vape. I hate exercise. I don't mind movement but to walk with no destination and run in place bores me to tears. I feel like a hamster in a wheel. However, I know I need to do it. I am hoping by losing some weight I won't need my blood pressure meds any more.

I like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Avengers, XMen... etc. I am a bit of a geek. I like online games... Everquest 2 and Elder Scrolls. I have several hobbies, some I do, some not so much but like them anyway. I crochet, read, make my own lip balm, deodorant, lotion, face cream etc. Before we started Rv'ing I was getting into homesteading.

That's the highlights!
IndigoGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to you from a fellow geek! I am a huge Star Trek fan.

You might like shorter, more intense exercise such as HIIT. You can reap a lot of benefits in a pretty short period of time.

I've been doing a workout called T25 and I like it because the workouts are 25 minutes long, intense, and half over before you even realize it. I don't get bored. Maybe something along those lines would work for you.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote