New here, Intro

• Hello forum,
    41 y/o female here. I am currently weighing about 160, which is up 10 to 15 lbs from where I'd like to be. It seems after age 40, things have really changed. I haven't weighed myself in a couple of months but at the dr. office I was 160. I won't weigh in for quite a while as I don't want to be a slave to the scale. My ocd type personality will let that happen too easily. I'll weigh in after a while when I can feel it in my clothes.

I don't eat bad typically. No junk food in the house and I cook most meals at home. We eat out about once per week and I let myself have a sweet once per week, approx. I do think I eat too many white carbs though and that's the first thing I'm tackling. I will reduce the bread, tortillas, and pasta.

I do suffer from IBS symptoms that are often made worse by some vegetables and fruits so I'm limited as to what I can eat with those things. Cruciferous veggies are not my friends, lol.

Glad to be here, I'm diving right in.
  • Welcome, Lollygag75! Sounds like you're right on track and nipping the weight creep in the bud before it gets too out of control. And yes, things definitely change in our bodies as we age! My metabolism slowed immensely when I hit 30. I'm 44 now, and it seems like it's always a challenge. Resistance training can help with metabolism.
  • Hi Eagle River,
    I actually was very dedicated to the gym for several years. I did heavy weight training about 5x per week. I did get fairly strong but for me, it never made it easier to lose weight. I had purposely put myself through a few cycles to gain muscle, then lose fat. I would count macros, weigh food on scales, count everything and nothing..............nada. Eventually I think my adrenals were shot and I couldn't sleep. I had taken pictures along the way and when I discovered that my best picture was my first picture before I started lifting weights, I gave up out of frustration. That was 2 years ago.