Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-17-2017, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5'4"

Default Good afternoon all! I'm stuck and frustrated..HELP!

Hey there! I am new to the forum but I am sincerely praying someone can help me. I have been doing all the right things and I was on a roll. Lost 10 pounds in about 15 days. Eating right and drinking lots of water. Eating approximately 1200 calories a day.
THEN! I added exercise and everything has come to a screeching halt! I am not over doing it either. Just 5 min on an elliptical and a mile on a treadmill. Nothing to strenuous. They both say I have burned about 100 calories total. So, of course, I add calories to compensate. I have been tracking every single thing I put in my mouth. I am eating well. Proteins, vegs, fruit, complex carbs and very little processed food and NO alcohol. WTH? I have been at the same weight... no check that.. 2 lbs UP on the scale since I started exercising. I have added calories, cut back on calories and even tried skipping a day with exercise. NADA! Can someone PLEASE give me some advice???
Kimmi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #2  
=)

S/C/G: 230/219/170

Height: 5'8

Ditto! I too have come to a halt! I had great loss initially, then it just stopped! Absolutely frustrating!
ThisIsMyRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Congrats on starting some exercise with your healthy eating! With a lifestyle change like the one you've done, your body goes through a bit of a shock and will drop a lot of excess water weight (which would be the 10 pounds in 15 days). It's appropriate and recommended to keep losses at 2 lbs per week maximum, unless guided by a doctor.

Realistically you didn't gain 2 lbs, it was probably your body balancing out. Building muscle makes your body retain a bit of water, so don't lose heart! Give it a good few weeks and your body will level out. Also make sure you weigh in first thing in the morning before showering/after using the bathroom. Your weight fluctuates greatly throughout the day and it's best to have a set time to weigh in.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

JulesMarion I just realized the fluctuation on the Wii Plus. Just started that an I weighed in at a different time and it said that. Had no idea. You seem very informative
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesMarion View Post
Congrats on starting some exercise with your healthy eating! With a lifestyle change like the one you've done, your body goes through a bit of a shock and will drop a lot of excess water weight (which would be the 10 pounds in 15 days). It's appropriate and recommended to keep losses at 2 lbs per week maximum, unless guided by a doctor.

Realistically you didn't gain 2 lbs, it was probably your body balancing out. Building muscle makes your body retain a bit of water, so don't lose heart! Give it a good few weeks and your body will level out. Also make sure you weigh in first thing in the morning before showering/after using the bathroom. Your weight fluctuates greatly throughout the day and it's best to have a set time to weigh in.
Thanks for this - this is the EXACT thing which has happened to me. First week on Nutrisystem ... 2 pounds up. But - it's temporary .... rite?
OdetteSwan is offline   Reply With Quote