Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Default I Have Hit Rock Bottom...Now to Pick Myself Up

Hello everyone...my name is Sunshine. Yes that is indeed my real name. I wanted to tell you a bit of why I have started this life changing journey. 2016 was a terrible year. I lost 4 family members in a year span. The hardest loss was my little sister. She was an amazing person. She was a soldier in the military and was an avid runner. She had just completed a half marathon in June. I too was a runner once; about 130 pounds ago! In August, she had been found shot with her house set on fire. The coroner has certified that it was suicide, but the detectives haven't closed her case because of some evidence that has come forward. I can't tell you about why I have chosen to lose weight without telling you about my sister. The reason I have mentioned my sister is that it wasn't until I lost her that I have come to realize that I am my mother's only biological child that she has left. My mother is only 56 and I am 39. I cannot leave this world before my mother because losing my sister was the hardest thing to see her go through. I want to live. I want to run again like I use to and I want to run in my sister's memory.

I was always the skinniest person around. I was 110 pounds up until I was 20 years old. After a bad marriage and a couple of kids. I was 150. 150 would be AWESOME! I put on more weight and 10 years ago I was 170. Then I discovered MIRENA birth control and for 10 years I had ballooned to 260 on the MIRENA. YIKES!! No babies, but dang it I gained an extra person! I had it removed last August and without much effort went down to 245.
Sunday, Jan 1st: I started working out and only eating 1400 calories. I kept my sister's marathon pictures on the treadmill.
Today I went to a new doctor. She was amazing. It was there that I discovered that I lost 7 lbs in less than a week. She gave me the green light to continue with this diet and exercise routine. She took an EKG to see how my heart is doing and everything came out okay.

I have a goal that in the summer of 2018, that I will go visit my mother (my mother is in amazing shape) in Seattle and we will run in a 5K in my sister's memory. I have a plan to work out 5 days a week. I can't wait to meet all of you and learn about your stories.
BrisSissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 142kg/138kg/95kg

Height: 182cm

Hi Sunshine. My name is Cynara. I'm also new here. I know what it's like to lose a loved one, though not how you have. I think that is an amazing goal you have and health is very important. I hope you stick on this journey and reach your goal. Good luck
CynnyMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Sunshine, your story really touched me. Your sister would be so proud of you! What a worthy goal. I'm rooting for you.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Glad that ate seeking support. My condolences for losses. I hope to hear more from you. Please keep us updated.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #5  

Default Thank you

Nice to meet you Cynara. I look forward to sharing our milestones during this journey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynnyMorgan View Post
Hi Sunshine. My name is Cynara. I'm also new here. I know what it's like to lose a loved one, though not how you have. I think that is an amazing goal you have and health is very important. I hope you stick on this journey and reach your goal. Good luck
Old 01-07-2017, 08:32 PM   #6  

Default Thank you.

I know that for most people grief can cause weight gain, but I am battling my sadness and I know my sissy would be proud. We were handed these lemons and this is my lemonade. It is nice meeting you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgooch View Post
Sunshine, your story really touched me. Your sister would be so proud of you! What a worthy goal. I'm rooting for you.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #7  

Default Thank you

I will. I think it helps to speak with others because this is a worthwhile journey, but it is difficult at the same time. It is nice meeting you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pang View Post
Glad that ate seeking support. My condolences for losses. I hope to hear more from you. Please keep us updated.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #8  

Sometimes instead of eating I read about dieting.
Kind of throw myself into a subject and to get lost in the research. Kinda weird way keepin busy while waiting for a meal time . Then I found forums for dieters like this one . Now I have two ways of learning about how others are dealing with their weight. What I've learned is to try try again. It's funny to me that when I stop posting on sites like this I stop living healthy too.

Today my wife cooks. It's not always healthy though. Just thought I'd say hey to you while I'm waiting to what it will be today.
P.S. she doesn't eat anything I fix.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:32 PM   #9  

Default I do the same thing

I do the same. I have a bit of OCD. If I care about something, I research it to death. Nice meeting you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pang View Post
Sometimes instead of eating I read about dieting.
Kind of throw myself into a subject and to get lost in the research. Kinda weird way keepin busy while waiting for a meal time . Then I found forums for dieters like this one . Now I have two ways of learning about how others are dealing with their weight. What I've learned is to try try again. It's funny to me that when I stop posting on sites like this I stop living healthy too.

Today my wife cooks. It's not always healthy though. Just thought I'd say hey to you while I'm waiting to what it will be today.
P.S. she doesn't eat anything I fix.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #10  

Was rainy and cold , but managed to get to the gym today.
I made my goals for the day. On my path tomorrow .
Hope your doing well.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/193/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Proud of you

Hey, I am Lindsey and I hope you keep going. Your story is a wake up call to anyone who has lost someone. It tells you that instead of using it to keep you down, use it to raise you up. Keep it up!
vblinz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #12  

Sunshine how are you coming along?
Old 01-16-2017, 01:00 AM   #13  

That is just what I was telling my mom today. I told her that we can either stay in bed and wither in our sorrow or we can turn it into something positive.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:04 AM   #14  

I am doing well. I am down 14 pounds in just 2 weeks. I am coming along at a rate of a pound a day. I know this could slow down, but for now I am enjoying the results. It was cold today, but I still went for my 2 mile walk. I participate in a Martin Luther King Walk/Run tomorrow so I am coming along. I will see my doctor again on Friday and I hope to lose more by then.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:24 PM   #15  

Yeah for sunshine. Remember to stay hydrated. While being hydrated doesn't increase metabolism, being dehydrated can slow metabolism by 17%. Good luck on your walk.