Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.4/261.8/130

Height: 5'

Default New/New Mom/Morbidly Obese

Hi! I am new to this site, but am not new to trying to lose weight. I am what you'd call a "serial starter". I won't go into details of my life story, but in general I have been overweight-morbidly obese almost all of my life. When I was around 16 I joined Weight Watchers and did awesome, but once I turned 18 my mental health plummeted out of control and I gained back all the weight I lost and tons more. After that I had tried to lose weight here and there but never kept it off. Now I am 25 years old, almost 6 months postpartum with my first baby, and in a wonderful relationship with an amazing man... I am currently 271lbs, just a few pounds shy of my highest weight ever. I need to do something. I need help. I want to be able to play with my son without getting tired. I'm already exhausted by holding my son, I can't imagine how much worse it will get as he gets older. I want to be happy, and play with him, not dread it cus I am just too heavy. I also want to marry my fiancee, but don't want to even think about it until I lose weight. I want to be able to fit in the wedding dress I know I deserve! I am looking for any help, or friends that would like to support me on this journey. Thank you for reading!
hiimawkward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #2  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Howdy there,
Congratulations on having your sweet baby boy!
I am sorry to hear that you went through many struggles trying to lose weight and otherwise.
I am part of a thread with lots of supportive people. We check in daily or as often as we can and encourage one another plus we try to keep one another and ourselves accountable.
Come on over and check it out:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ty-thread.html

I wish you the best of luck!
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.4/261.8/130

Height: 5'

Thank you for commenting! It means a lot to me. I checked out your link, and posted there! I appreciate it! :-)
hiimawkward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/229/155

Height: 5'9

Try to have a walking habit. One of the best walking habits is to walk for about an hour after your last meal of the day. You can keep working up to an hour as a goal if you can't right away. I caution that you won't need calories drink like sugared coffee long term , because many times the energy drinks have more calories than exercise can burn. However stay hydrated. If need the an energy drink just to get a walking habit started say for the first 21 walks I would suggest that the energy drink have protein it .
Incompletely understand wanting to be active with toddlers. I have so many memories on from cell phones where my daughter was rolling down hills of grass and laughing with friends that tag a long.

Second is start being a calorie counter. In less than a year you become so fluent in what foods have high and low cals you'll be able to avoid temptations or at least be aware of how much unplanned eating Tallie's up .+ there are many new phone apps to help get started and track.
Another tip is just stay connected. If you do well on your own great. But if you find yourself going several years in between serious attempts then maybe it's better to connected to forums.
In my opinion it's a challenge in and of itself to find the one weight management techniques that fit you as an individual. So dont become discouraged if some things you try don't work out. Please try try again. Good luck and please stay in touch .

Last edited by Pang; 01-05-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Pang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Just wanted to say Hi. I'm new-ish. I've been around before. I've done the yo-yo thing many times. If you need a friend, someone to talk to, or just accountability, I'm here. Good luck!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #6  

Hi, I read your story and it sounded all too familiar! I've yo-yo dieted my whole life for reasons I won't go into. Every time I gained weight back, I also gained some additional pounds too! I had a doctor one time tell me I screwed my metabolism up but no one tells me how to fix it! I'm now 58 and I weigh more than I ever have. I also have some medical issues that the doctors can't seem to figure out. All I know is, I feel terrible. I'm in pain all the time and I'm tired...very, very tired. If I could talk to my younger self, I would say...it doesn't matter what the scale says, just eat in moderation, keep moving and never give up. I had it stuck in my head that I should see that blasted scale move every week! Well, guess what? It doesn't! Then if I wasn't at my "goal weight", I considered myself a failure. Guess what? I was SO wrong!! So VERY wrong! If I didn't have these unreal ideas and unrealistic expectations back then, I wouldn't be at the weight I am right now. I know it. It's all in the head!! It's how you think about it! I wasn't meant to be thin by no means. In fact, when I was at my lowest weight as an adult (only due to strict diet and maniac exercising), my mother and doctor told me I looked too thin!! The people who always told me I was fat are now telling me I'm too thin?? Yet, my weight was "normal" for my height! Another time I was at a "near normal" weight, my doctor told me I was "fine" yet I was still classified as "obese" by the American Medical Association. Huh??? No wonder my head was all screwed up! So if I had the chance for a "do over". I would eat what I want but in moderation. I would drink what I want but in moderation. I would only do the exercise I want to do in moderation (not like a maniac). This is LIFE. Enjoy your baby. Take him/her for walks. Dance with him/her. Play with him/her. That is time better spent than any old stinky gym. Enjoy your life...in moderation. Everything is best in moderation. I'm sorry if this is coming off as more of a lecture than it should be. That's not my intent. It's just something I'm very passionate about. It's too late for me but I would love to help someone from preventing the same mistakes I made. You WILL fit in your wedding dress and you will be a beautiful bride! You don't have to be "skinny" for that.
Gottamakegoal is offline   Reply With Quote