Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-08-2016, 10:42 PM   #1  

Default Hi everyone....My name is Elle (Hi elle)

I am a 28 year old female from Houston, TX who is FED UP WITH MY WEIGHT!! (370 lbs)

I've been fat my entire life. I was a fat elementary kid, fat middle school kid, fat high school kid, and fat college kid. (The only thing that saved me is the fact that I'm tall). Low self-esteem, no confidence....no anything.

Just recently I got my heart broken. So I figured what great time as any for me to focus on getting my health/relationship with God on track. I am dedicating the whole entire month of December to do research on what I should do (workout plans/meals/gym, etc)....it is very time consuming. I don't know why I thought this was going to be easy.

Im sorry, Im rambling. If yall have any advice, please feel free to comment. I'm lost here
gigglesandjiggles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Elle!

Joining this forum is a great first step toward making positive changes in your life. The kick in the butt that I needed came when I took my last driver's license photo and I thought to myself, holy crap, I look terrible. I starting putting my fitbit to better use by logging all of my food/beverage intake, limited my calorie intake to approximately 1200-1500 calories per day, and haven't looked back. I don't do much more than walking around the block during my work breaks and trying to hit my 10,000 step goal whenever possible, but I've still dropped about 42 lbs.

Hope that helps, and best of luck in your journey!
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #3  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hi Elle

Same boat here, I am nearly 28 and been fat since the age of 9. I started in January at 323 and now I am 281.6 41.4lbs down so far. I have had my ups and downs, but the journey has 100% been a learning one.

I started with the My Fitness Pal app, and started tracking what I was eating at first before starting my diet. It then gave me an idea of just how many calories I ate on average. Then I pulled them down to 1500 calories and the weight started dropping off, I stuck with that for about 2 months before I hit a plateau and then went down to 1400 calories and going to the gym (curves) 3x a week. In September I realised that I was going really really slow on weightloss, at that point I had lost just over 30lbs and had to start looking into MACROS, learning about what they were and how fueling my body the right food was just as important as calories.

I only went to the gym for about 3 months, I then moved back home and had to cancel my membership. So the first 40lbs have been lost with diet alone. In January I will be getting a membership to the gym at the end of my street and will hopefully be going 3-4 times a week to up my weightloss.

Keep in touch! It would be great to hear how you get on. Btw get yourself into the 20-something group we have some good challenges on the go
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote