Today is Day One!

• Hello. I am new and am looking for some support. I really want to be successful this time. I tend to start with great enthusiasm and high hopes, but get easily discouraged and give up at the first sign that the scale isn't moving, or moving in the wrong direction. I know when I am eating well and being active I am much happier and healthier. When I get depressed or overly stressed out, I just give up and I want stop to this cycle. Today is day one and with help I know that I can achieve anything!
  • Welcome! I hope you are able to find the motivation to keep going. For me, I have found using the free site TrendWeight helps because it shows me the trend I am on, which keeps me from focusing on the occasional bounce ups that happen with weight loss.

Check out a loss challenge here. I am loving the Halloween Challenge. I like competing with myself and being accountable to filling in my weight every week has really motivated me to make those little extra pushes to get me closer to where I want to be for a healthy weight. Good luck!
  • Thanks so much. I just checked out trendweight and I will give it a try. Intellectually I know weight fluctuates, but emotionally it's hard to accept. This site will help me focus on the positive as I move toward my goal. Have a great day!
  • I can totally relate to your post! I am starting (again) today and am determined to get healthy once and for all. We can support each other!
  • Welcome and Best wishes on your success. This site is so inspiring and encouraging
  • I feel the same way as you do, i start off really strong full of hope and enthusiasm but then it slowly starts to fade and so does the weight loss. We can do this!