Last time trying again

• Hi everyone

I lost a lot of weight in the past but gained in all back. Now I am back trying again, and I made myself promise that this will be the last time. I am really good at losing the weight when I put my mind to it, but keeping it off is another issue I need to have control of. Im not sure how to do it so I hope this board will help me with that. If only I know how to get control of what I eat after weight loss, I can break this yo-yo dieting lifestyle.

I have been trying to get motivated to lose weight since January. Someone told me that I will do it when I am ready, and now I am ready, and extremely motivated and happy that I got the motivation back.
  • Welcome! I hope you stick around and get motivation from the great folks here. I recently joined the Halloween Challenge and it has been a GREAT motivator. Perhaps a challenge will help you, too.

As for gaining it back - I cannot say as this is the first (and hopefully last) time to purposely lose weight. I know exactly what got me here though - eating out too much for work and too much wine! 60 pounds in 8 years worth... I have found a modified intermittent fasting, a glass of wine a week (boo hoo) and LOTs of bike riding are my secret to lose. No magic pills/shakes/plans for me. My plan of attack from the beginning was learning what I can keep at forever. My plan for maintenance is IF with a few more calories allowed per week (WINE!) than I currently aim for and riding 2-3 times/week or some other exercise for 4 hours/week.
  • thank you Nightowlrn!

thank you so much for the reply!

Im also doing intermittent fasting too. I researched so much about it and this was one of the tools I used to lose weight the last time. I have read articles and studies saying this works to burn fat faster than low carb. I am convinced this is what helped me lose weight almost effortlessly last time. But I combin intermittent and ketogenic with occasional cheat or carb up day. I wait to do a cheat day when I stall and it always breaks the stall. I don't count calories with keto but I do when I do a cheat day.. Im looking forward for the first day I can cheat lol! today marks a full week I have been on a diet. I kinda feel like it's a mini goal completed lol

best of luck to you!