Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-14-2016, 03:25 AM   #1  

Red face Determined to finally kick my food addiction!

Hello all
I don't know if anyone can relate but my relationship with food is toxic. I think about it all day every day and feel almost stressed when I'm trying not to eat it (constantly). I also have little to no self control with it and use it hugely to combat stress, upset etc.
Big mess!
I've seemed to have tried EVERYTHING but can never actually follow through for long enough to make a difference.
Hoping that finding people to talk to about it (none of my friends have this issue) I can finally have a normal relationship with food where you only eat when hungry... and loose some weight along the way.

R xx
RachelHongKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I can totally relate to where you're coming from. The solution, at least for me, has been to start taking steps to address the stress, boredom, negative emotions, etc. I try to determine the reason I'm stressed (usually work), and try to think of ways to alleviate the stress (work on finding a new job). When I'm upset, I reach out to friends to go for a walk, or take the dog to the park. Being around other people helps me lessen those feelings, so that I don't need to turn to food.

Hope that helps!
Blicca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foodaddiction, newbeggining, supportgroup