Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2 Goal Weight: 200

Height: 5'2

Red face New Member with PCOS

I have PCOS, and unless I change my lifestyle I wont be able to have anymore children.I have a six year old now and she wants siblings so much. It breaks my heart that I am struggling to give this to her when all I need to do is eat healthier and exercise more. She is my only supporter, so I am in need of more support so I can gain the motivation to keep pushing forward.
Nikkisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:58 PM   #2  

Default You're Not Alone

Hey there! You are definitely NOT alone. I've been on a gazillion and one weight loss plans over the years to lose pounds here and there and then I was diagnosed with PCOS and told I couldn't have kids. Heart broken!!!! I came to terms with it and decided to focus on health and possibly adopting so I did. Lost some weight and what do you know, had my first blessing of my baby girl. Fell in love and couldn't have been happier. I accepted she was a miracle and went on with my life but 'running' after her was getting tough because I had put on soooo much weight, about 75-80 pounds. The light bulb came on after we were playing hide and seek when I couldn't hide because I was too big, and trying to hide put me out of breath. I decided I needed to change for my little girl. Fast forward I got a trainer and great diet and lost 35 pounds, great start!!! Then, would you know it, miracles can happen twice, baby girl #2. So much happiness for another baby but after she was born, there were those pounds again, on top of Post Partum, which I thank PCOS for all the lovely hormones. So now I'm back to the drawing board. Overweight, two kids, a busy husband who is hardly home, and getting out of breath trying to carry a baby and assist a toddler. So a couple weeks ago I decided I didn't need to look 'good', I needed to FEEL happy and healthy, to enjoy my kids. Not just when they are little but to be healthy for them so I can see them graduate and get marries, and not be out of breath walking to the soccer field or be too large to sit in the seat at the dance recital. They are my inspiration, now I just need motivation. Not sure if this helped you, but wanted you to know you are not alone!!!!
Latinlia is offline   Reply With Quote