Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-02-2016, 11:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Default Good morning from Texas

I'm new here, obviously, and wanted to introduce myself. I realized that if I want to get serious about accomplishing my goals, I'm going to need some support.

My name is Tana, and I'm a 40-yr old single-mom from Texas. I'm going through a really difficult break up at the moment, and I need to avoid eating my pain and making things worse.

I'm currently at 240.5. I'm 5'10" so it's distributed a little, but I'm definitely obese and can't even look at myself in the mirror anymore.

I want to eventually get down to my goal weight of 160. I know it's attainable because I've been that weight in the past. But, I also know that the 80 pounds creeped on me slowly over 16 years, so it's not going to be an overnight process to lose it.

I'll take any and all advice I can get. The hardest part is getting myself to START.
TanaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #2  

Like you said , the hardest part is starting.

I've lost 14 lbs the last 4 weeks , I've PLENTY to lose lol , but at times I've lost 3 gained 1 lost 2 gained 1 etc.
When I go up a little I reassure myself that if I keep doing what I'm doing I will reach my goal in the long term.

So if you eat a bar of chocolate, don't think everything is ruined , just get back to the plan.

All the best
Rams75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #3  

Hi Tana,

I'm new here as well -so welcome to both of us!
We can do this - I want to look good in jeans this winter!
megan4875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #4  

Hi Tana,
First day!!! Trying to figure out how this sight works!!! Finished my 1st week on Ideal Protein; AGAIN!!! Lost 8lbs. Of water weight. I turned 48 on the 4th and need to loose 20 or so. Last time on IP I lost over 40 pounds!!! So if I can do it once I can do it again!! And you will too
Daisy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/210/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm new too! I'm from Louisiana so we're sort of neighbors. I had a hysterectomy 9 years ago and boy have I gained a muffin top! I tried ideal protein but got really tired of eating salad and meals from an envelope. But I need to drop 60 lbs and am determined to do so. I bought a Fitbit and a treadmill and I, ready to go! Sugar detox here I come.
CakeLady is offline   Reply With Quote