Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 396/388/230

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm new and lost

I'm new here. I work on my feet even though I'm over 300 pounds i have difficulty losing even with diet and excercise. I get frustrated then give up. A few yrs ago i lost 50 lbs well on my way to my goal. I wanted to have a wedding but plans fell thru and it crushed me. Since then it's been difficult trying to get back motivated and into a routine. I'm sad and need some help any tips motivation things that work for someone my size welcome
Nowwatdoido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:53 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hello from England.

I understand how you feel about getting so far and then life does its crushing trick, and the we let the weight back on. (For me [and this is the 3rd time in my life I've done a major weighloss] I'd lost 79lbs but have already regained so that it's now only 60, with "just" 40 to go; in my case it was fear that blood cancer had come back, I ate for comfort and it's amazingly difficult to break the binge cycle, even now that I've got the all clear).

What method did you use when you lost the 50 before? Well done on that, by the way
I'm currently trying a lowish carb way of eating which, once I eventually get into it, I've found effective. I did try a specific Diet (a UK based one called Harcombe) and, while there was nothing to criticize in it specifically, I've rejected the forum that comes with it because it was too intense for me ~ I do know what healthy eating looks like, even if I don't always do it, but I can't get into breast-beating because I ate something "wrong"..... There's a great thread on 3fc called "Carb Sensitive Dieting", where people are trying the lowish carb way and doing well. Maybe that would be worth a look for you?
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #3  

Welcome! I find online communities can be very helpful in terms of providing encouragement.
SweetBlissBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I don't have any internal motivation. I'm just that lazy. So what I have to do instead is work on my determination and ego. Joining a daily accountability / challenge thread helps. Telling people my plans does too because I don't want the "shame" of failing in front of people.

The great thing about your loss, even if you did gain it back, is that you know how to do it! Losing weight is hard, and slightly different for each person, but you already have a road map!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote