Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #1  

Red face Getting Married

Hello!
SO, after many more years than I properly should have waited, I finally have a better reason than my doctor telling me to lose weight. I'm getting married in September, 2017, and quite frankly, if people are going to be looking at my *** in a wedding dress for any amount of time, I want it to look good.
Now, before you lambast me for that, please know, it is NOT the only reason I want to lose weight. I'm uncomfortable in my own skin, and I know my doctor is right. I need to lose weight. I've got a heart condition that doesn't allow for me to gain any more weight than I already have, so something's gotta give. That something is me.
I'm not planning, right now, on doing anything extreme. I already hike as often as I can, and am a fairly healthy eater (just too much!!!). So, my steps right now are small and simple: walk every day (I do 3-4 days a week already), drink more water, eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full (ish. Not Thanksgiving-dinner-is-busting-my-pants kind of full.), and start doing yoga in the mornings again (right now, I'm aiming for twice a week. It used to be every day.).
Clearly, I sort of know what I should be doing. I just need help and encouragement, and somebody to pick me up along the way when I think I can't!
I can't wait to get to "meet" and know some of you! I know there are some incredible stories with incredible support out there!
Much love,
Erin
Beginning weight (8.1.2016): 167.2
Weight loss goal #1: 10 pounds by October 1

Last edited by Erin.C; 08-01-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Changing goals
Erin.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #2  
Day 1 - 23.07.16

S/C/G: 222/220/140

Height: 5 ft 5

Firstly... Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Also on realising you want to do something to become healthier, I've been told it's the hardest part (I'm not so sure!)

Oh and Welcome
GracieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I totally understand about wanting to look good for the wedding. Of course it isn't the only reason, but I bet it helps keep up your motivation!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote