Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 372/343.8/300

Height: 5'8"

Default hola.

Hello everyone.

I hope each one of you are doing good through your journey. I am a 31 yrs young girl from Puerto Rico and I'm currently very obese, diabetic, with HBP and other stuff. I am extremely depressed too, I can't go out and enjoy life as I used to, friends are gone or we don't share any interests in common, my marital life is not that bad but I'm not comfortable and my communication with my family (mom, sister, grandma) is almost null.

I feel numb and like my weight is keeping me stuck in life. I haven't finished my degree, I can't remain in a job because of my own insecurities and I'm having lots of psychological problems that are very exhausting. I am currently looking for help and joining this forum is part of my first steps toward a new me. I want to be a more open person able to enjoy life, nature and feel normal in my skin no matter my weight.

I struggled through 6 years with infertility, I forgot about that; guess the pain about being unable to have a child was so intense it turned me into the oposite direction. That was really painful! Maybe losing weight will help me be a mother, who knows?

For the moment I have small goal weights. First I want to get out of the 300 pounds range (currently 343.8); then moving on into smaller goals.

Hope I can find here a community, new friends, support and a place to express how I feel through my weight loss process.

PS: I'm new with forums so I'll be reading how this work LOL / Pardon my English, if there is any grammar error is because English is not my main language, sorry

Hugs
horoscopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:57 AM   #2  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

to the site! We're glad to have you! And your English seems excellent, by the way! Better than many native speakers.

While losing weight will not solve all the concerns you listed above, it can definitely help lighten some of them and give you a boost (at least that's what I've found). Sometimes the weight is the straw that breaks the camel's back, and without it everything else is just that much easier.

You can absolutely lose all the weight you want to (it has been done by members on this site, which you can read about if you poke around through archives). But it will take consistent daily changes for it to happen. On the bright side, living healthier makes you feel so much better, I've found. You can totally do this! And your goal for getting into the 200s is a great start! You can break that down even smaller into 'decades' too if you feel the need.

What's your plan for getting started?

Last edited by Penny105; 07-12-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Glad to have you here at 3FC.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100 pounds, 300 pounds, fertility, horoscopa, pcos