Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-05-2016, 02:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/214/200

Default Making this the last time!

Hi all!

I have just joined today and looking forward to chatting with all of you who are in the same boat as me, just a bit of my history below.

I have been overweight from 11 years old, hit my biggest weight (around 280 pounds/20 stone) in my mid twenties. By rowing 5 times a week and surviving literally on Slim Fast and Special K for 10 months, I lost around 100 pounds. I then had a tummy tuck and brachioplasty to remove my excess skin (trust me there was a lot) and ended up a lovely UK size 10!

Since then however the weight has crept back on and 7 years later I am pretty much back where I started! Oh the shame, as well as being single (due to lack of confidence caused by being overweight) - oh dear!

The good news is I started again a few weeks ago and have lost somewhere between 10 and 12 pounds after buying a Nutribullet and just having Special K for breakfast. I have my sisters wedding to get ready for next Feb so am determined to make this my last major diet as enough is enough!

Thank you all for reading, if anyone has any tips for when you get the munchies please do let me know

Sally
Sallyamelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:28 PM   #2  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

and good luck! You've done it before (which is AMAZing), so you can do it again. Find a thread you like and join in. Or start your own thread.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/276/175

Height: 6'0"

You sound a lot like me! I lose my weight and put it back, lose it and put it back.

Now I have my sisters wedding in October where I'm going to be a bridesmaid. I want to lose at least 50 pounds by then. I've already lost 12.

Then I have to be my other sisters maid of honor in April. I want to be down 100 pounds by then.

I wish you luck! I'm here if you need support.
JaimeLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 2"

Good luck with your weight loss goals. I can relate to your experience with losing weight only to put the pounds back on. It has happened so many times!!!!THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT!

We are going tolose it for the last time.YES!!!

I can't give much advice, but I would like to say by eating a diet rich in high nutrient food you probably won't be really hungry. Beans in your salads will give you protein, resistent starch and fiber. Only part of the calories of the beans will be absorbed as the rest will "flush away". I like my bullet for green smoothies. I like them for breakfast- an apple, 1/2 cucumber, spinach, cilantro, and filtered water make a great smoothie.

Best Wishes

Last edited by nuumee; 06-06-2016 at 03:00 PM.
nuumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/214/200

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome Yes that is absolutely right, this is the last time Thank you for the tip nuumee, I will definitely try that, I am trying to incorporate lentils into as much as I can also.

JaimeLT thats fab! and thats still several months away so I am absolutely sure you can do it. Thanks seemyfeet

I've actually lost a couple more pounds so hovering around a stone now, hoping I keep it up!
Sallyamelie is offline   Reply With Quote