Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2016, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/187/165

Height: 5' 3"

Smile Looking for a weight loss buddy with ~30 pounds to lose

Hi All,

I lost 25 pounds in 2014... I had a stressful time last year and gained it all back... I am restarting my weightloss journey... looking for a weight loss buddy who is also looking to lose around 30 pounds...
willpreventdiabetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #2  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

OH OOH pick mee!! I have slightly more I want to lose but the goal I am working towards now would be to lose 30lbs by my 28th birthday in October. I want to enter the next year of my life with my weight in check, ready for anything. I have always struggled with weight and have lost and regained the same 10lbs over the last few years and I am finally ready and committed to changing my life for the better! I look forward to getting to know you and be on this journey together
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xopeaceandlovexo View Post
OH OOH pick mee!! I have slightly more I want to lose but the goal I am working towards now would be to lose 30lbs by my 28th birthday in October. I want to enter the next year of my life with my weight in check, ready for anything. I have always struggled with weight and have lost and regained the same 10lbs over the last few years and I am finally ready and committed to changing my life for the better! I look forward to getting to know you and be on this journey together

Awesome xopeaceandlovexo, I love your enthusiasm and commitment... hopefully that will rub off on to me.... lets work together ....
Old 03-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #4  

yes!!! soo weekends are usually my downfall, I will need lots of this

Old 03-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xopeaceandlovexo View Post
yes!!! soo weekends are usually my downfall, I will need lots of this

There you go:

Now tell me, what makes to you go off track on weekends? Do you eat out frequently during weekends?

Last edited by willpreventdiabetes; 03-11-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:43 AM   #6  

Thanks!!! We eat out once or twice on weekends. It is that combined with the fact that it is harder to plan what or when to eat because there is no schedule really. I made a decent choice last night and went with buffalo wings so yum and worth the splurge in my opinion
Old 03-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #7  

Good for you for making the right choice... I have the opposite problem from you.. I work from home... Me in a empty house combined with a stressfuljob makes me munch all day... Weekends are much better as I am busy with housework, grocery shopping and the kids
Old 03-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #8  

ouch working from home would be difficult!!! I would have to limit my temptations for sure but its hard with kids ( or in my case bf) to do so! cheers to making good choices today
Old 03-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #9  

Was running errands today and resisted going to mcdonalds, taco brll and panda express... All these fast foods were calling out to me... Instead... I came home and had a veggie omelete with spinach and cheese sandwich
Old 03-16-2016, 05:18 PM   #10  

WAY TO GO!!!! that's great. can I just say I love panda express, it was my first job too lol. I sent you a PM confessing I ate a bag of sour patch kids last night, but I just got back from a 45 minute walk with the dog so I feel better about it now Sometimes it is SO difficult to resist fast food. So tempting, and I don't even have to get out of the car. Not sure if I want to slap or hug whoever thought of that. Omelets are delicious sadly mine always turn out like scrambled eggs with veggies
Old 03-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #11  

It's good that you admitted to yourself that you had slipped on the meal plan... It helps to put in writing... I feel that the more I admit and acknowledge when I fall off-track, the less I am tempted the consecutive times... Good that you were able to get some excercise in... Way to go!!!!! I like having someone to chat with and lean for support on this up hill battle

Also, I'm unable to send Private messages yet... Will let you know once I have enough posts to be able to send PMs

Last edited by willpreventdiabetes; 03-17-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 AM   #12  

Hey how was your weekend?? Mine was great but not eating wise lol. Met friends for dinner & beers Friday night and went to BFs god sons 2nd Birthday party Saturday so I didn't limit myself this weekend and the scale showed it this morning. Back on plan today though not spending any time feeling sorry for myself. I enjoyed everything I ate this weekend
but it is officially spring (even though its snowing as I type this) and time to kick my butt into gear
Old 03-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/176.6/140

Height: 5"3'

OOOMG i want in!! I have pretty much the same story! I need to lose around 30 pounds that I gained just partying, eating out and being lazy! I do well on weekdays, but weekends really kick my bumm. Love having people to see, but really need to work on my health too. I hate to not be social just because I will always indulge... I'm going with the calorie counting/high protein/low carb plus working out approach. Trying to go to the gym every day... today is my Day 2 - ate well so far and plans of working out are on! Another holiday weekend is coming up... Hoping we all do well!!
anjalifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:30 AM   #14  

Hello Anjalifit!!!!
Yes please join us
Weekends are my weakness too. My plan for this weekend is to pick one night to drink, and not high calorie drinks either wine or light beer for me lol. I just started using myfitnesspal to log my food and I think that will work well because it not only helps with calorie intake but also keeps track of carbs/proteins/sugars etc. My approach is more of a whole foods lifestyle. I only eat whole grain carbs, lots of veggies, fruits, and meat.
Happy Friday! Lets have a healthy weekend
Old 03-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/176.6/140

Height: 5"3'

Thanks xo! : ) I use fitness pal too...its an amazing app! This weekend is going to be my will-power test.. Tonight meeting up for dinner with some friends, tomorrow all day I have an event i signed up for a while back (includes all you can eat buffet) - so you can see I really need all the will power dust! I don't know if this happens to you but I always end up convincing myself that its okay - live it up and just have a bit of that rice (carbs), the desert (sugar and carbs), the wine .. you'll work it out later anyways.. But man oh man, working out is tough!!! That one piece of desert that I can inhale in 1 minute takes 20 minutes of running to burn off! such a cruel world! (((( gotta focus though.. weekend, here we come!
anjalifit is offline   Reply With Quote