Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184 / 172 / 155

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy to be here!

Hi everyone! I just found this site and I am so excited to have a place to talk with others who are going through similar things as myself, and a place where I can hold myself accountable.

I have always been a bit on the heavier side, but it was always in a healthy weight-range for my height. When I got to college, I gained about 25-30 pounds and have been struggling to lose it for the past two years. I finally made the end-all, be-all decision to lose the weight this January and have been doing decently well. I've lost 12 pounds since I started; the most I've ever lost! My issues, though, are binge- and over-eating. If I take one bite of one of my "weaknesses," I cannot stop and totally sabotage myself for the rest of the day or weekend. I know my battle is a mental one, I need to overcome the desire to eat in order to only eat when I am hungry or need nourishment.

The past three weeks have been great - I stayed within my calorie goal everyday and worked out 5 times each week! But this weekend was a disaster. I ate to the point of feeling overly full and became angry at myself. This is always what happens for me. I spend several days doing extremely well, then I just cannot control myself and I eat everything in sight. Does anyone have any tips that may help me?

Also - what do you all do when you plateau? I got down to 172 from 184, but was stuck there for a week and a half before I sabotaged myself this weekend.

Thanks so much, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
lpur248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #2  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

lpur

There are a lot of people on this forum who have similar issues with binge- and over-eating. I hope that you find some comfort and support in that - working to overcome over-eating is not easy, but it's easier when you have others to turn to.

Kudos to you on having a great past month! I mean, aside from this last weekend. However, I should point out that everyone "messes up." It's normal. It's not great, but you can't beat yourself up about it. All that you can do is find your focus again and keep pushing on.

Here's a link to a post Jillian Michaels wrote about busting through a plateau http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fit/l...t-loss-plateau. It might seem a bit obvious, but it was a good reminder for me. Good luck! No. Scratch that. There's no luck involved. Best wishes to you on your weight loss journey!

Last edited by TrixieCatLAX; 02-29-2016 at 12:40 PM.
TrixieCatLAX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge-eating, overeating, tips