Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-03-2016, 01:22 PM   #1  
Peace Patrol

S/C/G: 205|196.7|150

Height: 5'5

Default Lots of Babybels.

Hello, everyone.
My name is Tegan. I currently weigh in at 200.6. My guess last night, when I made this profile was 205.

This all started when I was in the Army. Let me take you back to the month of May in the year 2012.

The day was hazy, but after a lengthy 50 hours of labor and pitocin, multiple membrane stripping, waters breaking, and at least 3 hours of pushing (TMI, sorry), my son was finally born...

...via C-section. lol.

I didn't ask for the epidural--but it ultimately became my undoing. Now, prior to this I enjoyed running. I was in the Army-- you have to enjoy running. I learned to love it! I was fit, lean, and strong!

Now, I'm no anesthesiologist, but while a needle is going into your interstitial spaces, I'm going to assume being asked "Do you have scoliosis?" is a bad, BAD sign. It's probably the largest red flag I completely ignored. Twice. Because the epidural fell out.

You read right!

Upon calling in the anesthesiologist to replace the needle, she disagreed. While liquid was pouring all over my lower back, dripping from the IV.

It gets gory after this, but long(er) story short, when I went back to PT, as I got into my car after a 3 mile run, I felt nothing.

Lower back down, nothing. Numb.

This subsided and I was able to drive home, but this is where I had to stop being so active and was ultimately medically discharged from the only thing I have ever put 100% of my whole self into (minus raising our son!)

Anyway, that's how I ended up where I am, today.

Now, my son is 3 years and 8 months, I've been with my husband since 2005, and I've been out of the Army since August of 2014.

My birthday is in September, on the 27th and I turn 30-- and I PROMISED myself, I would NOT be this heavy or unhealthy when I hit 30. I don't want to end up like my mom.

She's 60. She's had both knees replaced. She's 5'4.

She's 240 ish pounds. She is also on 4-5 medications controlling everything from blood pressure to whatever you name it.

I can't be that. What kind of example is that setting for my son?
teganp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #2  
Peace Patrol

Default Lots of Babybels 2--

Also, I forgot to mention I started Atkins today and would like a buddy.

And my signature thingy, because those little tickers from tickerfactory that measure my weight pump me up!
Old 02-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #3  
TVC15

S/C/G: 154.6/154.6/130

Height: 5'8

What a story! Well, regardless of what has happened, I know you can turn things around and become healthy. I hope you find all the support and encouragement you need here.

Also, the ticker becomes available to you after your first 20 days here! I have been waiting patiently on mine as well.
thinwhiteduchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #4  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tegan, welcome to 3FC!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:55 AM   #5  
Peace Patrol

Thank you, both!!!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #6  

You almost made me cry. I turn 30 at the end of August and I honestly never thought I would be where I am weight-wise right now.

When I was pregnant with my first son, I got up to 242 (I'm 5 ft 2). After having my 4th (and final) son, I was down to 202 (the lowest I've been in... YEARS), but when I stopped breastfeeding, I packed on the pounds. I'm now sitting at 235.

I get where you are. Glad to meet you!
cindyschmitz8271 is offline   Reply With Quote